IP Honeycomb Spool

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

IP Honeycomb Spool

Post by Aquaftm45 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Would anyone happen to know if the IP Honeycomb spool would fit/work in a 1514 Zillion HLC reel, or for that matter just a regular Zillion TW. They are all 36mm and all have magforce Z.
If not, why?
If so, and if anyone has tried this spool, even in thier Megabass IP as intended, what type of casting improvement can be expected over the standard 36MM (non HLC) spool throwing weights in the 6-8 gram range?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: IP Honeycomb Spool

Post by LowRange » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:Would anyone happen to know if the IP Honeycomb spool would fit/work in a 1514 Zillion HLC reel, or for that matter just a regular Zillion TW. They are all 36mm and all have magforce Z.
If not, why?
If so, and if anyone has tried this spool, even in thier Megabass IP as intended, what type of casting improvement can be expected over the standard 36MM (non HLC) spool throwing weights in the 6-8 gram range?
I have not but I would assume the spool width would be much wider on the Tatula based reels than on the TD Zillion. If you could find the dimensions of a TD Zillion spool then you could compare that to the width of the stock spools of the Zillion TWS and see if they are compatible. I would think not unfortunately. The old Tatulas have a very wide spool and I imagine the Zillion TWS and Zillion TWS HLC would use spools of the same width.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: IP Honeycomb Spool

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:42 pm

the answer is NO. And the reason is the TWS zillions are a wider spool. The only tws zillion that's the same width is the 1016SV but then its only a 34mm OD spool , but it will take Megabass IS spools