Abu Revo LTX-BF8 Handle Knob replacement?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Abu Revo LTX-BF8 Handle Knob replacement?

Post by Craigthor » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:58 am

Anyone know if the handle knobs from a Daiwa would be a direct swap. Really liked the cork handles on the Air Stream Customs and thinking of swapping the knobs out. I know I could order a new handle as most Daiwa and Abu handles are the same but wondering if the knobs would be a direct swap.

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Abu Revo LTX-BF8 Handle Knob replacement?

Post by Craigthor » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:04 am

Answered my own question, looks like I’ll have to swap the knob internal diameters are a little different

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:48 pm

Yep, knob shafts are different. The handle shaft on an Abu is the same as a Daiwa meaning that you can run a Daiwa handle on your Abu and you would then have Daiwa knob shafts. You can get a Ray's Studio carbon handle for Daiwa off Aliexpress that will look very similar the stock LTX BF8 handle and allow you to use Daiwa knobs. I have a number of these handles and they appear to be the same quality as my factory Abu carbon handles. There are also cork knobs the same shape as the stock LTX BF8 EVA knobs that will fit your stock handle but they have a lot of filler in them. I have a set for 3rd gen revo.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/322935649 ... 713cl15Ssm

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craigthor » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:31 pm

LowRange wrote:Yep, knob shafts are different. The handle shaft on an Abu is the same as a Daiwa meaning that you can run a Daiwa handle on your Abu and you would then have Daiwa knob shafts. You can get a Ray's Studio carbon handle for Daiwa off Aliexpress that will look very similar the stock LTX BF8 handle and allow you to use Daiwa knobs. I have a number of these handles and they appear to be the same quality as my factory Abu carbon handles. There are also cork knobs the same shape as the stock LTX BF8 EVA knobs that will fit your stock handle but they have a lot of filler in them. I have a set for 3rd gen revo.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/322935649 ... 713cl15Ssm
Thanks, actually installed the paddle handles that were included and they feel much better. The round knobs never felt quite right in my hand.

I may consider an upgrade in the future but so far the Abu included basically everything I needed stock.