Daiwa 14 Millionaire 100L Mag Brake system?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
G40
Angler
Angler

Daiwa 14 Millionaire 100L Mag Brake system?

Post by G40 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Well. I got trigger happy, and bought myself a Daiwa 14 Millionaire 100L, not noticing that it has no magnetic braking system like the Older CV 103L. Aparentky it’s a saltwater jigging reel https://www.amazon.com/DAIWA-MILLIONAIR ... B00I977TY6
I didn’t pay the retail price luckily.

The possible good news is the CVZ/CVX EAS May fit. Anyone know were I could source one? or if there is a difinitive answer on if it will work? Trying to see if I can turn this mistake into a win. Also looks like I’ll need a CVZ/CVX spool so now I’ll have to try to source that :doh:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa 14 Millionaire 100L Mag Brake system?

Post by LowRange » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:47 pm

You would need the mag assembly from a doner reel. Possibly a doner side plate as well. Guys have converted the Alphas based jigging reels like the Arid Red Tune to Magforce Z using doner Alphas parts. I imagine it would be a similar process but is it worth it?

G40
Angler
Angler

Re: Daiwa 14 Millionaire 100L Mag Brake system?

Post by G40 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:14 pm

LowRange wrote:You would need the mag assembly from a doner reel. Possibly a doner side plate as well. Guys have converted the Alphas based jigging reels like the Arid Red Tune to Magforce Z using doner Alphas parts. I imagine it would be a similar process but is it worth it?

Hard to Say if it is worth it, So far based on the cost, it wouldn't be. It seems trying to source the parts I need is difficult.