handle zillion type r

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
johns
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

handle zillion type r

Post by johns » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:11 am

Was out on the water around 3 in the morning Wed. Half an hour later I hear something fall so I put on the headlight and nothing. A little later I hear a couple more things fall. Headlight on I noticed the nut ,little red thing and the screw that holds it on were gone. When it got light and got back to shore I found the parts on the bottom of canoe. Very lucky. Out early again Thurs. and after an hour I checked the handle and it was loose. Is there anyway to tighten this up and not get loose again? Thanks for any help.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: handle zillion type r

Post by goldrod » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:16 am

Some thread lock maybe but NOT permanent kind.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:17 am

Can you take a picture? If it's just falling off after tightening the nut down, it could be the threads are stripped? Do they look damaged?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:06 am

Did the cup washer come off (what the handle seats on when the handle came loose)? If so, the shoulders of the the shaft are just eating into the backside of the handle. Pics would help figure it out, if you can post some up.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

johns
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by johns » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:34 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:06 am
Did the cup washer come off (what the handle seats on when the handle came loose)? If so, the shoulders of the the shaft are just eating into the backside of the handle. Pics would help figure it out, if you can post some up.
this must be what happened. I looked at my 50th anniversary zillion, but didn't take it apart, and didn't see any more parts. The nut tightens up fine so it isn't stripped. Need to send some reels to the tackle trap so this will be going for a high speed level wind and to get this fixed. Thanks for all the replies.

johns
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by johns » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:11 pm

on a side note would air HD bearings be an upgrade over stock bearings?? thanks

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:35 pm

johns wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:11 pm
on a side note would air HD bearings be an upgrade over stock bearings?? thanks
Indubitably!

I'm a total believer in Hedgehog bearings, though. You should get better distance, but even if you don't it will be easier to get there. Plus you'll get better control for pitching, skipping, and accuracy. And they're quiet. At least that's been my experience every time... They are no freakin' joke.
This is the way.

johns
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by johns » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:00 am

thanks