Bearings?????

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
ulysi
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Bearings?????

Post by ulysi » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:22 am

I have used boca orange seals, but these newer spool high speed I can buy in bulk for a really good price any one here have ran then in comparison to other ceramic hybrids?

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Bearings?????

Post by johnD » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:59 am

You can buy the same bearings he sells off aliexpress for pennies on the dollar. Personally I would not run them in my reels. There are much better bearings out there with much tighter tolerances.

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:16 pm

If you don't mind the rough feel and loud noise from them, then you will be ok. Personally, I wouldn't put them in any reel, much less my own. Bearings are definitely one of the items that you get what you pay for.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:33 am

PikeRoadBassn wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:16 pm
If you don't mind the rough feel and loud noise from them, then you will be ok. Personally, I wouldn't put them in any reel, much less my own. Bearings are definitely one of the items that you get what you pay for.
No sugar coating here! :lol: I was thinking the same thing, but I practiced a little restraint for once. ;)