Og steez

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
ulysi
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Og steez

Post by ulysi » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Ok so dont know where to ask and cant find anything on the subject. I purchased an og steez and at first handle it seemed like something was rubbing I took the spool side off and noticed a pin stuck on the magnets. I removed it and though maybe the owner dropped it. Took it out fishing and it casted like crap and had a horrid chatter noise. Reeling it was smooth. Contacted seller and asked for a possible replacement spool as I put in a td ito spool and worked fine. Upon further inspection noticed the rotor on spool spun and wasn't locked in. Said pin had fallen out? I saved the pin and disassembled spool rotor hesitant cause it seems tricky. Re installed pin but pin is not locked in it slides out. Is this normal? Do I have a defective spool? Seller told me I could fi d the pin and aquire yet didnt wNt to do nothing more than send me a spool bearing to fix problem. Must I replace spool and use type r rotor in different spool?

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Og steez

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:14 pm

That pin you are referring to doesn’t lock in like the spool shaft pin. It is simply a guide pin to keep the inductor from turning.