snapped plastic pin found inside reel

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
hamskin
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

snapped plastic pin found inside reel

Post by hamskin » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:18 pm

Someone recommended me to post here from a bass fishing discord. We werent sure what it was from but assuming factory debris.

Any help, would be great. Just want to be sure, or see if I have to send it in. Reel is tatula sv tw(not the new model), first time taking spool out to clean and oil the reel, had since late 2018.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: snapped plastic pin found inside reel

Post by Mike son » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:00 am

A whole day on this Daiwa heavy forum and no one has responded to this post? [-X This happened to my buddy's Tat SV too. @heddonfrog, not sure if that works. Those pins support the inductor ramp or something on the SV spool(I'm not a big Daiwa guy so I can't be sure of the specifics). He just sent his into Daiwa as it was under warranty. I think this is the part you need replaced but it can be a pain to change out if you're not very handy iirc.

https://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_p ... s_id=12155

Call the Tackle Trap or Daiwa if you want to get it fixed. That or someone else on here would hopefully be of more assistance.

hamskin
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by hamskin » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:08 pm

Appreciate it, I was thinking to send it in to get maintenance done before this happened, since it was just 40$ anyway. Only bad part is its peak season right now, be a month or maybe longer to get the reel back from daiwa. Will go ahead and do that anyway to be sure. appreciate the help, thank you.

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:50 am

I have had the same thing happen. For the life of me I can't remember what the cause or the solution was though! Sorry. I think it's fairly common, so someone will probably be along to let you know soon.