Reel Scratches/Marks

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
KooyaKey
Angler
Angler

Reel Scratches/Marks

Post by KooyaKey » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:54 pm

Hey guys! Couldn't seem to find answers for this on the forum. After less than a week with my new Daiwa Morethan, I somehow managed to scratch it from top to bottom on the sideplate :doh:... Anyone have any tips/tricks to remove or somewhat make it less of an eyesore? It really bugs me to have new gear marked up. I've had reels for years get no marks... Thanks!

Bass Junkie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Reel Scratches/Marks

Post by Bass Junkie » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:08 pm

Honestly your best bet may be to look into the cost of a side plate and transfer the internals. Assuming it’s the palm side plate. If it’s the handle side I’d be looking at a color matched nail polish and clear coat.

KooyaKey
Angler
Angler

Re: Reel Scratches/Marks

Post by KooyaKey » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:33 pm

Bass Junkie wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:08 pm
Honestly your best bet may be to look into the cost of a side plate and transfer the internals. Assuming it’s the palm side plate. If it’s the handle side I’d be looking at a color matched nail polish and clear coat.
It's the palm sideplate. I will have a look into that. If not, will try the nail polish. Thanks!