Zillion SV TW Gear Compatibility

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Zillion SV TW Gear Compatibility

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:31 am

Hey all,

Looking into some gears for a project. Zillion 10 gear set is compatible with other Zillions SV TW with some shuffling with parts. I am looking to see what reels either Zillion SV TW or Zillion 10 gears fit into.

Looking to make a fast BFS reel. Easy answer is getting a Zillion 10 and putting a BFS spool in it. I don't want to fork out the cash for a new reel just to swap spools and...that isn't as fun :lol: .
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Zillion SV TW Gear Compatibility

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:30 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:31 am
Hey all,

Looking into some gears for a project. Zillion 10 gear set is compatible with other Zillions SV TW with some shuffling with parts. I am looking to see what reels either Zillion SV TW or Zillion 10 gears fit into.

Looking to make a fast BFS reel. Easy answer is getting a Zillion 10 and putting a BFS spool in it. I don't want to fork out the cash for a new reel just to swap spools and...that isn't as fun :lol: .
You should be able to find one on an auction site. I was amazed to sell a reel in 1 day on FB yard sale, actually fair deals on there at times. I know the Japan Amazon has good deals on the SVTW Zillions at times. I would wonder if line management would become an issue with such small line being retrieved so fast. I want to say the Zillion 10 is a bit over 40" per turn, but I am still interested in whatever you create.
This all being said, I don't know another single reel that takes the SVTW gears. Maybe the old Zillion TWS? I know that is not what you are looking for, but I think that is the only other body capable of taking those gears and I might be wrong about that one... I just remember swapping the 9.1 TWS gears for the 7.3 and I thought TackleTrap's site said they worked on the SVTW model also.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:36 am

I would keep your eye our for a used Zillion TW SV in the $150 shipped range and then sell the spool for $70 or more. Its one of the more sought after SV spools.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:00 am

Zillion 10 gears are compatible with other TWS zillions excluding the 2021 zillions. Also compatible with Catalina BJ. None exactly light weight based reels.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:38 am

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:00 am
Zillion 10 gears are compatible with other TWS zillions excluding the 2021 zillions. Also compatible with Catalina BJ. None exactly light weight based reels.
Any modifications needed for the Zillion 10 gears to fit into a Zillion SV TW or Zillion TWS?
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:08 pm

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:38 am
BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:00 am
Any modifications needed for the Zillion 10 gears to fit into a Zillion SV TW or Zillion TWS?
Just drop them in. No mods required