Alphas ct sv gear switch

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Alphas ct sv gear switch

Post by rando » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:41 am

I would like to switch gears in one of my alphas ct sv. It is left handed. I want to switch from 6:1 to 7:1 ratio. If I could get 8:1 it would be even better.
What are all the parts I need to do this? Is it just main gear and pinion?
I will be ordering from plat so if you could help me by listing the part numbers I need that would awesome. Or if you can point me to where can I find a full set.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Alphas ct sv gear switch

Post by adam lancia » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:04 am

7.2 is the fastest gear set you can get for that reel. Just look up the the gear set for the Alphas CT SV SHL and order the main gear and pinion. They swap right in.

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:42 am

adam lancia wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:04 am
7.2 is the fastest gear set you can get for that reel. Just look up the the gear set for the Alphas CT SV SHL and order the main gear and pinion. They swap right in.
Thanks, I thought that’s all I need but wasn’t sure since I have never done it before.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:11 am

Yup, that's all there is to it. But you have to be sure you get the gear set from the CT SV because the pinion is longer to accommodate the narrower spool.