Tuning a us legalis lt

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
NorCoMike
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Tuning a us legalis lt

Post by NorCoMike » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:20 pm

Good evening!

Wanting to buy a legalis Lt purely because the colors match a rod I am building haha. I'm used to jdm reels since most of my fishing is ultralight stuff. Does anyone know if I can just order an upgrade kit from hedgehog for an lt series reel that would fit into the legalis? Mainly looking to add more bearings so it feels closer to what I'm currently using which is a 13 certate 2004 a 14 Innis type r 2505 and a 15 exist 2003c.

zalan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tuning a us legalis lt

Post by zalan » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:49 am

I cannot answer your question, but what I want to say is that you cannot really upgrade that reel to be similar to a high-end reel.

Adding more ball bearings are one thing, but the tight tolerances the higher end reels have is not really possible to replicate. You can play around with washers to make it smoother and tighter, but that is about it.

NorCoMike
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Tuning a us legalis lt

Post by NorCoMike » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:59 am

Thank you! I was wondering if that was the case. Looks like I will just have to save and look for a different reel.