My first DRT Varial Handle

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Bigfella123
Angler
Angler

My first DRT Varial Handle

Post by Bigfella123 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:44 pm

Just pulled the trigger on a black 100mm Varial for my antares dc md! So stoked, i have have read amazing things about these handles! Im new to DRT and have a few questions though:

1). Why is the resell market/auction site price so high on these? I got mine from japantackle for $180, but used ones are going for much higher than that online? I trust japantackle, just dont know why such a price hike when you visit other sites.

2). How often does DRT restock stuff and is it random or do they announce product drops on instagram and social media? I want to get a set of calform knobs but everywhere is out right now, and I read some things saying they dont stock often.

3). How is the in and out play/tolerances in the knobs? Sometimes the little clicking from stock knobs can bug me.

Thanks!

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: My first DRT Varial Handle

Post by _diggy_ » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:32 am

Bigfella123 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:44 pm
Just pulled the trigger on a black 100mm Varial for my antares dc md! So stoked, i have have read amazing things about these handles! Im new to DRT and have a few questions though:

1). Why is the resell market/auction site price so high on these? I got mine from japantackle for $180, but used ones are going for much higher than that online? I trust japantackle, just dont know why such a price hike when you visit other sites.

2). How often does DRT restock stuff and is it random or do they announce product drops on instagram and social media? I want to get a set of calform knobs but everywhere is out right now, and I read some things saying they dont stock often.

3). How is the in and out play/tolerances in the knobs? Sometimes the little clicking from stock knobs can bug me.

Thanks!
1. Supply and demand. Prices were lower when a lot of colors were in stock, but once they sell out, people will get more money, even used. DRT USA basically only has green models in stock now in popular lengths, so a lot of black and silver will resell for more depending on length until they restock.

2. They usually just restock with no announcement, unless it's Japan Tackle, who tends to post on their IG. DRT USA will rarely tease a post and it's usually for baits.

3. Tolerances are great, just make sure you have the correct handle spacers and tighten up things periodically.

PKN8
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by PKN8 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:14 pm

Bigfella123 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:44 pm
Thanks!
I have several different models on many of my reels and have fished them hard for years. Never had any issues with them loosening up at all.

They are the most comfortable knobs IMHO. Enjoy them!
Always learning...

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:05 pm

DRT prices are more inflated than Rolex :mrgreen: