22 Zillion TW HD 1000 side plate issue

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
jimanchower
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

22 Zillion TW HD 1000 side plate issue

Post by jimanchower » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:52 pm

Over the past several trips out I had noticed what felt like flex or play in the right side plate of my left-handed reel (1000XHL). When I took the side plate (aka lever plate) off I heard something fall out. Turns out it was the lever plate [detent] pin. I removed the screw that holds the bearing assembly to the side plate and found this - shown with some remnants of the plastic that broke off. Anybody seen this happen before? It's a JDM reel so no warranty for me. I think I found the correct part, though: 175B43. Looking for any advice or experience related to this sort of breakage because I'm not sure what would have caused it.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 22 Zillion TW HD 1000 side plate issue

Post by Slazmo » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:57 am

Same thing happened to my Alphas Type R and a OG Calais I worked on, could've been a hit or a incorrect assembly or even application of the side plate?

jimanchower
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by jimanchower » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:27 am

Slazmo wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:57 am
Same thing happened to my Alphas Type R and a OG Calais I worked on, could've been a hit or a incorrect assembly or even application of the side plate?
Thanks - it's somewhat reassuring to know that I'm not alone. I went ahead and ordered a replacement side plat from Plat, along with a couple of other small parts. A little disappointing to have to spend $40+ on a "HD" reel that hasn't seen much hard use but hopefully this is an anomaly.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:40 am

That's the nature of plastics these days. Daiwa don't seem to mark what type of plastics they use around a reel either...

But if anyone needs a good glue to put things back together "Plexus MA310".