Source for Pinion/Drive Bearings

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
HellaBread
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Source for Pinion/Drive Bearings

Post by HellaBread » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:43 pm

Id rather get bearings made by a reputable company (nsk, koyo, NMB), NMB minebea being the benchmark to beat for a cheap reliable high quality bearing (they don’t supply over 50% of the worlds bearings by being bad) but to each their own. Also they’re not even that expensive from shimano, the average is $2-$5 a pop, the only ones that stand out are the parts numbers that use NSK casstops which are justifiably priced due to the extra high corrosion resistant properties of the material used (TBN-6H).
Last edited by HellaBread on Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HellaBread
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HellaBread » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:46 pm

one of these days if i have the energy and time i’ll make a giant cross reference spread sheet of all daiwa/shimano parts numbers for bearings sizes, what company they’re made by, and any additional notes about said specific bearing.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:23 pm

HellaBread wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:46 pm
one of these days if i have the energy and time i’ll make a giant cross reference spread sheet of all daiwa/shimano parts numbers for bearings sizes, what company they’re made by, and any additional notes about said specific bearing.
A lot of that information was on the Daiwa Tuning Data Repository but TT crashed a few times and the data is long gonzo.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."