ICAST

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
liljohn242
Angler
Angler

Re: ICAST

Post by liljohn242 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:03 am

I wonder if the Crucial uses the same IM-10 as the Cumara? or The Compre same IM-9 has the old Crucial? If yes, that would be a steal. Cumara would probably be upgraded next year.

ern
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by ern » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:13 am

Looking at the Baitcasters all I can say is WTF??
The new Curado G and the Citca G are aluminium framed Caenans with grip and gear differences.
The new Chonarchs are the old Curado E series in silver with some more gearing options.
REALLY?? :lol:

SO glad I got my Curado Chornarch E.

Gonna take advantage of the discounted Curado 200 and 50 E's for sure.

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:39 am

Speckled wrote: Don't think you will miss much around here Dan ;) .

No wonder Shimano hasn't leaked much this year :doh: ](*,) :sick: :( .
Yea we got a Green aluminum frame Caenan and a White and Grey/Black Curado E that cost more. ... :doh:

Are there any usable or noticable specs on paper different from the Curado E and Chronarch 200 other than paint, gear options, left hand available and price hike ?

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:49 am

On a positive note about the rods... SWEET ! I was able to handle them about a month ago and was very impressed. Cant wait to get them on the water. The reel seats are not like whats found on the Cumara and think I actually like them on the Compre and Crucial a lil more. The have a built up larger diameter around the blank for more contact with hand/fingers that is quit comfortable to hold. Hope they perform out on the water as good as they look !

Speckled
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Speckled » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:50 am

jpd0144 wrote:
Speckled wrote: Don't think you will miss much around here Dan ;) .

No wonder Shimano hasn't leaked much this year :doh: ](*,) :sick: :( .
Yea we got a Green aluminum frame Caenan and a White and Grey/Black Curado E that cost more. ... :doh:

Are there any usable or noticable specs on paper different from the Curado E and Chronarch 200 other than paint, gear options, left hand available and price hike ?
Nope, not really ](*,) . Shimano USA :evil: [-X .

Here is a prediction for Shimano USA reels sales 2011-2012.

DOWN

Speckled
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Speckled » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:58 am

Shimano USA.

WTF

hint: not "what the finesse" :lol: .

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:22 am

I actually like what Shimano has done. More affordable reels and now parts are all interchangeable(I hope)!

Mike Andrews
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mike Andrews » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:46 am

Speckled wrote:Shimano USA.

WTF

hint: not "what the finesse" :lol: .
+1

I'm underwhelmed..... :doh:

taylor5877
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by taylor5877 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:31 am

More affordable reels
so basically they increase the price of the Curado E and the Citica with a new reel in between those 2 (and featured accordingly between the 2), and this is "more affordable"?

Sure, they made a product stamped "Chronarch" and "Curado" cost less, but you're not getting more.

Scratching my head as well.

I do applaud Shimano for all the gear ratio options, the one thing I like about the release. After all the Curado E closeouts settle, I like the new lineup (boring, but nice lineup). I'm just not going out of my way to buy any of it.

trick trout
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by trick trout » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:48 am

I think shimano did a great job with re-aligning their reels this year. When to 200D and 200E curados came out shimano missed what made the curado 200B so great, an affordable and reliable product. Don't get me wrong, the 200E is a great reel, just think it was more along the lines of chronarch performance and price. The Chronarch 100A was $199, I am glad they re-branded the curado 200e as the chronarch 200e and made the price $199, its more in line with what the pearl chronarch always was. Thought shimano lost their way for a few years charging upwards of $200 for a curado and $300 for a chronarch. Now they are back to their bread and butter, it just took rebranding a few of their products.

What I don't understand is why shimano decided to put a plastic dragstar on the chronarch 200e and charge $200, while the curado 200e had a metal dragstar but retailed for $179. Kind of scratching my head on that one.

BassCatDan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BassCatDan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:15 pm

I actually think Shimano is trying to correct their lineup. As the economy tends to correct (or adjust) Shimano appears to be doing that. The question is did they get it right.

1st - The Citica actually seems like a nice reel now (upgrade as Caenan with Metal Frame). More gear ratios. I think they got it right.

2nd - Curado - bread and butter reel was overpriced at $179. Adjusted to $159 and more gear ratios. (I think they could have just upgraded the Curado E.)

3rd - Chronarch - really seems to be the old Curado with more gear ratios. Wow...they took the Curado E's and made them Chronarchs. (I can now afford a Chronarch, but it is basically a Curado E.)

4th - there now seems to be a hole between the Core and the Chronarch. Something missing here. I will not buy a Core. I fish brackish 90% of the time.

All seem ok...nice to know how they perform. But overall, I guess the highlight is GEAR RATIOS! Boring otherwise.
....just another fish-a-holic.

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:18 pm

taylor5877 wrote:
More affordable reels
so basically they increase the price of the Curado E and the Citica with a new reel in between those 2 (and featured accordingly between the 2), and this is "more affordable"?

Sure, they made a product stamped "Chronarch" and "Curado" cost less, but you're not getting more.
Really? Made in Japan justifies it to a lot of people whether you believe it or not. $200 vs $300 is more affordable to me. We haven't fished the reels yet so whose to say they aren't worth it or a better buy? This is a better move unlike Daiwa offering all high priced reels for who knows what reason.

Drewbass
Angler
Angler

Post by Drewbass » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:35 pm

Its more like $200 vs $179. I believe Daiwa has release new models with new technology.

legendaryyaj wrote: Really? Made in Japan justifies it to a lot of people whether you believe it or not. $200 vs $300 is more affordable to me. We haven't fished the reels yet so whose to say they aren't worth it or a better buy? This is a better move unlike Daiwa offering all high priced reels for who knows what reason.

Boondock
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Boondock » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:26 pm

trick trout wrote:I think shimano did a great job with re-aligning their reels this year. When to 200D and 200E curados came out shimano missed what made the curado 200B so great, an affordable and reliable product. Don't get me wrong, the 200E is a great reel, just think it was more along the lines of chronarch performance and price. The Chronarch 100A was $199, I am glad they re-branded the curado 200e as the chronarch 200e and made the price $199, its more in line with what the pearl chronarch always was. Thought shimano lost their way for a few years charging upwards of $200 for a curado and $300 for a chronarch. Now they are back to their bread and butter, it just took rebranding a few of their products.

What I don't understand is why shimano decided to put a plastic dragstar on the chronarch 200e and charge $200, while the curado 200e had a metal dragstar but retailed for $179. Kind of scratching my head on that one.
Sorry but have you ever heard of inflation? $200 reel in the early mid 90's isn't going to be $200 in 2011 without choosing cheaper materials. Which what the new one seems to be...
$20 more for a reel isn't much for the people on TT. $100 yeah for sure most will pay attention.
They dropped the ball but o well. Daiwa released some cool stuff although most too expensive for mainstream anglers so I doubt their sales on those new reels will be great but we wanted options and we got a few more.

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:26 pm

Drewbass wrote:Its more like $200 vs $179. I believe Daiwa has release new models with new technology.
No. $300 for a Japan made reel now $200. Tell me how is that the same?

What technology does that pixy have to justify a $499 price tag? The only new technology is the 3D mag braking and I'm sure its not going to double your casting difference so if you can justify the price then go ahead.