Shimano Chronarch 100D5 brake case problem

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Shimano Chronarch 100D5 brake case problem

Post by beezy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:02 pm

Hey Bantam1,

There is a problem with my shimano chronarch 100d5 reel. I recently purchased this reel in excellent condition (luckily) but upon arrival I am not able to open the brake case to take out the spool. I have reels like my calcutta 50te gt reel with a similar brake case and it opens easily. Is there a way I can open the brake case?

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Shimano Chronarch 100D5 brake case problem

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:49 am

There is a lever on the bottom rear of the reel. Flip this lever to the "Open" position and the side plate will pop out. The brake case threads into the reel. It may be tight so you might need to use a tool to get it loose. I use a small pair of needle nose pliers inserted into the small machined holes on the brake case. This will allow you to loosen it up and snug it tight when you are done.

beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by beezy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:35 am

Bantam1 wrote:There is a lever on the bottom rear of the reel. Flip this lever to the "Open" position and the side plate will pop out. The brake case threads into the reel. It may be tight so you might need to use a tool to get it loose. I use a small pair of needle nose pliers inserted into the small machined holes on the brake case. This will allow you to loosen it up and snug it tight when you are done.
Ok. Thank you for replying bantam. I will give it a try later this week and update on this.

beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by beezy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:01 pm

I want to update this thread and thank you Bantam for the tip. It worked and I can take off the brake case. Thank you.