new curado?

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
vsmpowered
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: new curado?

Post by vsmpowered » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:52 pm

poison glorius \:D/

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:24 am

Bantam1 wrote:And more throughout the year.
Curious if a new 300 size low pro is in the works. Would love to see a new 300 size Curado with Calcutta gears :pray:

buster 2900
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by buster 2900 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:34 am

What I'd love to see is a new Calcutta. I'd be very interested to see any info on this if there is any.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:20 am

I am curious about the citica 200I.. Hopefully it will be on the same platform as the curado I, but just less refined like it has usually been with the citica and curado. I personally would love to see the citica I to be built on the 50e platform. Maybe it could be built a lot like the ch/cu 50e, but less refined (no metal drag star, CC knob, riveted knobs, driveshaft bushing, cheaper-to-manufacter spool which could be slightly heavier). Not what many want to hear, but we have to be realistic; they wouldn't release an exact ch/cu 50e copy at the $130 pricepoint and call it a citica 50I.

Another cool idea for the citica I would be for it to be built on the core 100/ch 100d platform. Of course it would have the same cost cuts (Aluminum frame, graphite sideplates, VBS, non-metal drag star, non-metal CC knob, riveted knobs, driveshaft bushing to cut costs), but it would be nice to have a 100 sized reel in the mid-low priced reels (not counting the graphite framed caenan =; )
Anyone else feel this way?

I am also curious about the core. Sounds to me like x-ship is a definite feature in this new curado, and it is in the Ci4+. Both cost less $$ than the core, so maybe the core will get an update too??
SVS infinity and x-ship would be a nice addition to the core line.. Maybe a shallow spool in the 100 or 50? People have been asking for a shallow spool in a USDM for some time now. I guess the question is, will it be shimano or daiwa to release a SS low profile in the US first? 8-[

Just another random thought: a reincarnation of the Chronarch D (all aluminum) with SVS infinity, x-ship, and a shallow spool. Same color scheme too. =P~

Sorry for rambling.. :lol:

buster 2900
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by buster 2900 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:54 pm

The new Curado will likely have an aluminum frame with graphite sideplates and possibly X-Ship, which on a baitcast reel is simply a larger drive gear and a second spool bearing on the handle side. It supports the pinion gear and adds rigidity and a smoother retrieve. It would be a definite plus in an LP reel, I believe, particularly for inshore use. Not so sure the added bearing helps with distance, but if so the effect is minimal and not the main concern for inshore use of an LP reel.

EDIT: What I meant is that the third spool bearings seems to result in the free spool feeling a bit less free on the baitcast reel I have with X-Ship. If there is a loss of casting distance it isn't much, and the X-Ship remains a plus.

But it seems an upgrade of the spool bearings would require three bearings. :shock:
Last edited by buster 2900 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:42 pm

:-#

Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Zimbass » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Afrayedknot wrote::-#
Is that you praying for a reel, or for intervention for failing to come up with a photo :lol:

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Afrayedknot wrote:I am curious about the citica 200I.. Hopefully it will be on the same platform as the curado I, but just less refined like it has usually been with the citica and curado. I personally would love to see the citica I to be built on the 50e platform. Maybe it could be built a lot like the ch/cu 50e, but less refined (no metal drag star, CC knob, riveted knobs, driveshaft bushing, cheaper-to-manufacter spool which could be slightly heavier). Not what many want to hear, but we have to be realistic; they wouldn't release an exact ch/cu 50e copy at the $130 pricepoint and call it a citica 50I.

Another cool idea for the citica I would be for it to be built on the core 100/ch 100d platform. Of course it would have the same cost cuts (Aluminum frame, graphite sideplates, VBS, non-metal drag star, non-metal CC knob, riveted knobs, driveshaft bushing to cut costs), but it would be nice to have a 100 sized reel in the mid-low priced reels (not counting the graphite framed caenan =; )
Anyone else feel this way?

I am also curious about the core. Sounds to me like x-ship is a definite feature in this new curado, and it is in the Ci4+. Both cost less $$ than the core, so maybe the core will get an update too??
SVS infinity and x-ship would be a nice addition to the core line.. Maybe a shallow spool in the 100 or 50? People have been asking for a shallow spool in a USDM for some time now. I guess the question is, will it be shimano or daiwa to release a SS low profile in the US first? 8-[

Just another random thought: a reincarnation of the Chronarch D (all aluminum) with SVS infinity, x-ship, and a shallow spool. Same color scheme too. =P~

Sorry for rambling.. :lol:
The Cu/Ch50e doesn't have a metal drag star. The Chronarch D reincarnation sounds good, but what a lot of people fail to realize is that that reel was not cheap. Everyone whines about how much better the old Chronarch was...it also cost $300 when it came out, it SHOULD be a hell of a lot better than a $199 reel.

Everything that I've heard about this new Curado, it sounds like the bee's knees. I love the Chronarch CI4+, so if this reel is a somewhat dumbed down version of that reel in an aluminum package instead of CI4+, I'll be extremely happy with it.

buster 2900
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by buster 2900 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:25 am

Nah, not at all. I enjoyed reading your comment. :D

Mine that followed wasn’t related to any other comment. Just something I’ve been thinking about--the new Curado and inshore fishing.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:53 am

Zimbass wrote:
Is that you praying for a reel, or for intervention for failing to come up with a photo :lol:
That means I know some things about the new reel that I won't say, but I want to .. :)
Only good things though, don't worry. :D

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:37 am

\:D/

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:41 am

Don't think were getting a v-spool.
Last edited by MTBF on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

murphy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by murphy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:03 am

I think Mark Zona was using the prototype Curado in the episode last week with Hackney. If you look hard enough, you may see it for a few secs. ;)

Lucky1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Lucky1 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:28 am

PICS!
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (50.75 KiB) Viewed 4779 times

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:52 am

Is there going to be a press release/ad for it before the 21st is that the date they'll be available for purchase or both??

All the speculation is maddening hahah