New G.Loomis E6X Rods

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

New G.Loomis E6X Rods

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:26 am

E6X "technique-specific" rods feature very precise tapers and power-ratings designed for the exact technique required. They have split-grip handle configurations, Fuji guides, a flashy, "loud & proud" Skeleton Fish logo with subtle black guide wraps. Techy yet aggressive in a way that should appeal to any angler. The key is the swing-weight. Whether you're pitching a jig or drop-shotting, these rods should be fished "tip up" so weight distribution is critical. If you're fishing a spinnerbait or a crankbait, those are normally fished "tip down" so we've taken that into consideration as well. We've spent hundreds of hours on the water testing and perfecting these actions so you'll be successful no matter which technique you choose. They're exceptionally light, accurate, powerful and sensitive and we make every single one of them right here in our Woodland, Washington factory, cutting no corners, leaving nothing to chance. You want G.Loomis performance? You get that and more with E6X.

$179.99-199.99

Jig and Worm Casting

E6X 803C JWR
E6X 852C JWR
E6X 853C JWR
E6X 854C JWR
E6X 893C JWR
E6X 894C JWR

Jig and Worm Spinning

E6X 802S JWR
E6X 803S JWR
E6X 852S JWR
E6X 853S JWR

Flip/Punch Rod

E6X 894C FPR

Swimbait Rod

E6X 884C SWB

Crankbait Series

E6X 843C CBR
E6X 845C CBR
E6X 847C CBR

Spinnerbait

E6X 812C SBR

Drop Shot Series

E6X 820S DSR
E6X 822S DSR

When G.Loomis first started building bass rods back in the mid-80's our most popular models were the Mag Bass and Spin Jig Series. These classic casting and spinning rods featured fast actions, were easy to cast and very accurate. This universal approach to a bass rod made it easier for everyone to become a better angler. Anglers will appreciated the flex, the feel, the fish-fighting control and the power of this design, giving them a real sense of confidence. With the development of our new E6X technology, we're able to re-create these rods with a new, more dynamic blank that gives the angler - from beginner to expert - a fast action rod that makes it extremely comfortable to cast and to fish. The new E6X material provides exceptional power in a lightweight package that will provide years of enjoyment and fishing success. They feature Fuji guides and reel seats with full cork grips. Made in our newly upgraded Woodland, Washington manufacturing facility, the new E6X Series of Mag Bass and Spin Jig rods recreate the best of the best in our most beloved series of bass rods. Try one and experience the G.Loomis advantage!

Mag Bass Series

E6X 782C MBR
E6X 783C MBR
E6X 843C MBR
E6X 903C MBR
E6X 844C MBR

Flipping Stick

E6X 904C FSR

Spin Jig Series

E6X 721S SJR
E6X 722S SJR
E6X 782S SJR
E6X 783S SJR
E6X 842S SJR
E6X 843S SJR

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New G.Loomis E6X Rods

Post by facelessnewsouth » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:38 am

Nice. Looking forward to holding one of these rods.

Do you have line and lure ratings for each yet?

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:27 am

The website should be up soon if it isn't already.

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:17 am

Awesome, thanks Bantam1. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:04 am

Very interesting blank texture\finish

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:32 am

Sensitivity and durability will be the keys to how well they sell. Design, components, price, and choice in length/power/action all look excellent.

If they are even a small step up from the 13 Omen rods in sensitivity and durability you will have a winner.

Dave

hawkoath
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hawkoath » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:17 pm

facelessnewsouth wrote:Nice. Looking forward to holding one of these rods.

Do you have line and lure ratings for each yet?
Take at look at G.Loomis's website. They have everything except the price up.

Lucky Craft Man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lucky Craft Man » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:18 am

Bantam,

I have to admit, you guys have done a good job building anticipation for these and even better job in designing these. They look really good and even though I am a NRX Junkie, these have peaked my interest and I have a feeling there will be a few of these in my collection.

And speaking of NRX, you have got to speak to the higher ups and get a 3 powered JWR spinning rod. They have a E6X 853S JWR, so they know how to roll one. They have enough time to get it ready for ICast. Thanks!

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:33 am

they already have released an 803s jwr nxr spinning rod....

from day one.

Lucky Craft Man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lucky Craft Man » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:25 am

SteveSchmelzle wrote:they already have released an 803s jwr nxr spinning rod....

from day one.
Sorry, I should clarify. I am looking for a 3 power JWR spinning rod 7'1" or longer (a 7'6" would be ideal). I want it for deep Great Lake duties, so those shorter rods just aren't as efficient in long casts and taking up line during hook sets.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:10 am

Lucky Craft Man wrote:
SteveSchmelzle wrote:they already have released an 803s jwr nxr spinning rod....

from day one.
Sorry, I should clarify. I am looking for a 3 power JWR spinning rod 7'1" or longer (a 7'6" would be ideal). I want it for deep Great Lake duties, so those shorter rods just aren't as efficient in long casts and taking up line during hook sets.
NRX872S is a good option.

Lucky Craft Man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lucky Craft Man » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:10 am

cndbasshunter wrote:
Lucky Craft Man wrote:

from day one.
NRX872S is a good option.
I've heard that, but others say it is just like the 852S with 2 more inches. I would love to get my hands on one to see for myself.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:21 am

I double checked with JVD and he said he is using a 2 power inshore model. The specs are in to the engineers at Loomis and it sound like it might happen. I'm just not sure when it will be.

I have fished with the E6X rods and they are sensitive and lighter than GL2. They still feel heavy compared to the NRX, but that is what I would expect for the cost difference.

The matte black finish has a small amount of chartreuse flake in it. It isn't overpowering and doesn't glisten in the sun. I think they look very nice and not too heavy on the bright color. The focus groups were drawn from several places to assist with the rods. We had very few complaints from the bright accents, most actually preferred it over the other color samples we had made.

Lucky Craft Man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lucky Craft Man » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:57 am

Bantam1 wrote:I double checked with JVD and he said he is using a 2 power inshore model. The specs are in to the engineers at Loomis and it sound like it might happen. I'm just not sure when it will be.
I have been waiting to hear this news for a long time! Thanks Bantam (and JVD).
Bantam1 wrote: I have fished with the E6X rods and they are sensitive and lighter than GL2.
What is the future of the GL2? I can't imagine it being around long if the E6X is lighter than, better balanced, more sensitive, and in my opinion, better looking than the GL2 (and let's not forget the obvious, cheaper than the GL2). I just wouldn't think keeping the overhead of producing the GL2 when it's demand has got to drop greatly after the E6X hits the streets is worth it.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:05 am

We will have to wait and see what happens. There are some anglers out there that like the GL2 for its durability and strength of the blanks.