GLX crankbait rods

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
Scuba Scott
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

GLX crankbait rods

Post by Scuba Scott » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:44 am

There seems to be a gap in the glx crankbait rod line. There are no sticks in the 7'6" range and I would love to see some options there. My favorite rod in this series is the 855. It does a lot of things very well. I would like to see a 7'6" rod that is similar to the 855. Maybe in 5 and 6 powers. Is there any chance Loomis has any plans to put out a 7'6" cranking stick?

FishShimano
Angler
Angler

Re: GLX crankbait rods

Post by FishShimano » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:39 pm

Scuba Scott- There aren't any plans for a new 7'6" GLX at this time but the product development team at Loomis is always working on something new. May I ask what specific technique or application you feel this rod would fill? I would be glad to pass this info along to the team. Thanks!

Scuba Scott
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Scuba Scott » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:42 am

The 7'6" rod would personally fit me better for deep cranking. Baits up to a 6XD for example. I know there are also a lot of guys out there that like to throw lipless baits or middle diving crankbaits on 7'6" rods as well. For me, the 7'11" is just too much rod for me. The 7'1' is just a big short. Big differences between the two.

FishShimano
Angler
Angler

Post by FishShimano » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:23 am

I hear you, Scott. Thanks much for your feedback!