Chronach G

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Chronach G

Post by jpd0144 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:50 am

Bantam1 wrote:
I don't know where you got the presentation from, but please stop posting info. The info you have received is not for public sharing. You didn't even post the correct specs for the reel. The Chronarch G has a CI4+ frame material and side plates.
It's just a screen shot I received from a friend. It wasn't even a whole list of specs. In another post (rumor mill) I stated the specs may not even match the G and could be the new Cu200 specs. It's just a guess. I think we all know these screen shots are not the holy grail carved in commandments stones.
You know how all this works ... we get excited for new product and what not and we take shots at what we think it might be or post hopes and wishes.

Posting specs and pics of product on here pre iCast ( correct or incorrect info ) has been going on longer than I have been a registered member.

Really ?

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:02 am

Bantam1 wrote:
jpd0144 wrote:Image

I don't know where you got the presentation from, but please stop posting info. The info you have received is not for public sharing. You didn't even post the correct specs for the reel. The Chronarch G has a CI4+ frame material and side plates.
Then you might not wanna open this thread up. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=75208
<")))><{

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:23 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:

No need to stir :lol:

I'll clarify here ...

Apparently its " OK " when Shimano post inaccurate info on their website on bearing count, side plate material, main gear material/design, or the use of or lack of ARB bearings in certain areas of a reel ... but God forbid if we have a lil pre Icast fun at taking pot shots at new product specs.

Its only been going on for the last 12 years that ive followed this site !

Why all of a sudden this is now taken to a personal level in PM is beyond me ! ?

I didn't post pics in a malicious intent. More so to get hype and juices flowing for iCast as it has been rather slow around here about new product from all manufacturers.

Oh well ... there are 2 sides to this sword !

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:59 am

jpd0144 wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:

No need to stir :lol:

I'll clarify here ...

Apparently its " OK " when Shimano post inaccurate info on their website on bearing count, side plate material, main gear material/design, or the use of or lack of ARB bearings in certain areas of a reel ... but God forbid if we have a lil pre Icast fun at taking pot shots at new product specs.

Its only been going on for the last 12 years that ive followed this site !

Why all of a sudden this is now taken to a personal level in PM is beyond me ! ?

I didn't post pics in a malicious intent. More so to get hype and juices flowing for iCast as it has been rather slow around here about new product from all manufacturers.

Oh well ... there are 2 sides to this sword !
Its because they no longer want the butt raping they are doing to the general public to go viral. But those of us that know the truth of the lowered quality will continue to see through the white sheets they try to parade. And now Ill sit here and wait to get pounded by the Shimano TT crew. :lol: I might as well say it again, that yes I still have 6 of 10 reels in my lineup that are Shimanos. :lol:
<")))><{

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:46 am

Seems like Bantam is getting mad at the wrong people. This information isn't supposed to be public, yet it is. I don't think that has anything to do with jpd0144, he didn't leak/steal the info, he just posted what was out there. Anyone on this forum would do that(and do every single year). Maybe Shimano needs to get a little better oversight of their pro-staff/employees, especially if they are putting out false information.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:02 am

The info is from a presentation that was given internally to our sales team. It happened earlier this year and there have been changes. The problem is when wrong info is posted, people start making opinions about the products. With the internet the info spreads like a virus and before you know it, the wrong info is everywhere.

Yes we make mistakes on the website. There is a lot that happens behind the scenes with the web. Server transfers, entire hosting platform changes, new teams of people involved etc. Mistakes happen and we try to correct them. I'm not a computer expert or claim to be. I just know what is happening and all the work that has taken place. I report the wrong info or mistakes when they are pointed out to me. The one person on our side handling the web has to work with the team in Japan and elsewhere to update the central database we are now using. If info is entered wrong there, it will be wrong elsewhere. Humans are entering the data and a mistake can happen. It might take a little while before we catch everything and get it all corrected.

Now posting info that someone "shared" with you knowing it has not been made public is not something I consider to be OK. I guess leaking info is the cool thing to do these days. Yes it upsets me because I used to be on the product side. I know how serious we take keeping info secure. When someone leaks all the info before it is supposed to be posted, it really makes me mad. Especially when the info is wrong. This inst a direct shot at jpd0144 because he's just trying to be TT famous.

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

Bantam1 wrote:Now posting info that someone "shared" with you knowing it has not been made public is not something I consider to be OK. I guess leaking info is the cool thing to do these days. Yes it upsets me because I used to be on the product side. I know how serious we take keeping info secure. When someone leaks all the info before it is supposed to be posted, it really makes me mad. Especially when the info is wrong. This inst a direct shot at jpd0144 because he's just trying to be TT famous .
:lol:

And now in 2017 that's what its called ?

So all the leaks before (years past) by MANY people here were trying to be famous ? Wow ... Or were they discussing, sharing, anxiously hoping, posting concept pics , posting inaccurate specs on reels in anticipation of iCast ? This has gone on for years !

I wasn't even the one who posted the first pics of the assumed Chronarch G !

So what has your goat this year about a couple of pics is beyond me ! Its nothing new to TT to be "famous" for !

floriduhfish
Angler
Angler

Post by floriduhfish » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 am

IF it was your company and products i'm sure you would have a very different view on leaks...just.... saying

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:14 am

jpd0144 wrote:
Bantam1 wrote:Now posting info that someone "shared" with you knowing it has not been made public is not something I consider to be OK. I guess leaking info is the cool thing to do these days. Yes it upsets me because I used to be on the product side. I know how serious we take keeping info secure. When someone leaks all the info before it is supposed to be posted, it really makes me mad. Especially when the info is wrong. This inst a direct shot at jpd0144 because he's just trying to be TT famous .
:lol:

And now in 2017 that's what its called ?

So all the leaks before (years past) by MANY people here were trying to be famous ? Wow ... Or were they discussing, sharing, anxiously hoping, posting concept pics , posting inaccurate specs on reels in anticipation of iCast ? This has gone on for years !

I wasn't even the one who posted the first pics of the assumed Chronarch G !

So what has your goat this year about a couple of pics is beyond me ! Its nothing new to TT to be "famous" for !
Im jealous. Youre famous now. :lol:
<")))><{

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Can anyone hear my roaring laughter from Australia?? This content is pure comic gold.

Never have i heard of someone becoming "forum famous" for showing a little info.

If the companies cant control a drip feed of information to keep the masses excited for new releases (especially before a major event), of course those that have connections somewhere are going to go looking for anything to chew on / share with others, be the information right or wrong.

While were at it with new releases - any news on a new remake of the "Speed Master"...

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:53 am

So I have seen the pictures of the new curado from that magazine, are there pictures of the new Sustain out yet???