Power handles for low profiles? Offered on JDM but not US market?

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
mcfishing620
Angler
Angler

Power handles for low profiles? Offered on JDM but not US market?

Post by mcfishing620 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:43 pm

I have always wondered why Shimano has like no reasonably priced power handles for low profile reels, and everything that I've seen is like $90 or more. The JDM market offers lots of extended handles, even stock on Shimano reels like the Stile SS 150 PG. Wouldn't it be nice if we could order stuff like that? There definitely aren't many options. 13 Fishing is killing everyone else in the aspect of customization, including different spool sizes. Come on Shimano...
My go to...
Shimano Antares 12 / 7' St Croix Legend Tournament Bass / Xcalibur XKR50 chrome/black

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Power handles for low profiles? Offered on JDM but not US market?

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:43 am

I'm not sure what handles you looked at that cost $90+ from us. the Metanium XG handle sells for $35.82 for example. Most of the low profile reels (excluding Calais) are $45 or less. Most of our handles for the low profile reels are forged aluminum, then machined, then anodize process/polishing, knobs, bearings...all of that adds up.

mcfishing620
Angler
Angler

Post by mcfishing620 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:17 pm

Bantam1 wrote:I'm not sure what handles you looked at that cost $90+ from us. the Metanium XG handle sells for $35.82 for example. Most of the low profile reels (excluding Calais) are $45 or less. Most of our handles for the low profile reels are forged aluminum, then machined, then anodize process/polishing, knobs, bearings...all of that adds up.
I was referring to like Yumeya and some others on eBay, Japan Tackle, etc. A good example of like what I'm looking for is off a JDM 16 Stile 100PG, just something like that. There are a lot more options for stuff like that on the JDM side of Shimano it seems like. I wish the US and JDM would sell each other's parts.
My go to...
Shimano Antares 12 / 7' St Croix Legend Tournament Bass / Xcalibur XKR50 chrome/black

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:08 am

We have been looking into it, but with some Yumeya parts, they only make them in small amounts. The lead time can be quite large for some items due to the small production numbers. Warranty also creates some challenges.