Scorpion DC 100 Brakes stopped working

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Scorpion DC 100 Brakes stopped working

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:10 am

Bantam1 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:50 am

We do not have parts for the JDM models here in the US. We can get them but the time varies for when they will show up unless you want to pay for the air freight to get it here. They usually pack it with an existing order, so they could come in a few weeks, or 4 months. This all depends on when the order is placed.
Hmmm... Interesting...
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

kelley71
Angler
Angler

Post by kelley71 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Thank you Bantam1 for your support. I have been buying Shimano products since I bought my first Castaic in 1993. I really like the Scorpion reel. I would buy a Chronarch G DC with the IDC-5, if you made it. I don't wish anyone here ill feelings. I just wanted to find a reputable place to buy parts not engage in sarcasm contest or who is the smartest or the best or be talked to like a teenager. I will repair that reel because I feel challenged now :D .

Thanks folks,

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:23 pm

Let us know what you did to repair it, and if it fixed the problem. Would be good information for people to use in the future.
<")))><{

kelley71
Angler
Angler

Post by kelley71 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:13 am

Update,

I tied a lug nut to an old rod, and casted this again after it set since Easter and reel works again. Go figure?

Best regards,

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:38 am

That sounds like a software glitch in the DC to me. Once it starts working again it should be OK. I have heard of things like this on the Scorpion DC (older models and I-DC 5 models). We have not had this issue on the I-DC 4 or on the Metanium DC in the US.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue May 14, 2019 8:45 am

Bantam1 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:38 am
That sounds like a software glitch in the DC to me. Once it starts working again it should be OK. I have heard of things like this on the Scorpion DC (older models and I-DC 5 models). We have not had this issue on the I-DC 4 or on the Metanium DC in the US.
Raise your hand if you ever thought software and baitcasters would ever be mentioned in the same sentence! :shock: :lol:

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue May 14, 2019 1:43 pm

mark poulson wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:45 am
Bantam1 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:38 am
Raise your hand if you ever thought software and baitcasters would ever be mentioned in the same sentence! :shock: :lol:
It definitely makes you wanna go :doh:
<")))><{

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Tue May 14, 2019 2:15 pm

At least Bantam identified the problem with possible solution.

Here it's like... "not sure how it work's, it's like magic or sumthi'n,"

Love my Calais DC, that system is totally above and beyond expectations.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue May 14, 2019 3:36 pm

Slazmo wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:15 pm
At least Bantam identified the problem with possible solution.

Here it's like... "not sure how it work's, it's like magic or sumthi'n,"

Love my Calais DC, that system is totally above and beyond expectations.
I'm sure it's a terrific reel. Never, in my wildest dreams, would I have thought baitcasters would have chips and software. I guess my years are showing.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:17 am

The Calais DC had the best DC unit IMHO. I haven't had a chance to fish any of the newer JDM Antares DC reels to compare. They use a similar system with some updates. I had many discussions with the engineers about the lures used and other factors to help program the new DC braking curves. I would like to try one, but I don't think we will see them in the US due to cost.

We have other reels with full blown computers in them. The Beastmaster and Forcemaster reels have computers that are programmable for jigging action, retrieve stop, calculate line capacity, etc.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Thu May 16, 2019 5:28 am

And some of the larger overhead reels came with DC too. We'll here in Australia for throwing off the stones as they say...

I picked that Calais of mine up for $25 and rebuilt it... Safe to say for other than it looking like a roo hit by a road train, it's a favourite that'll never leave... Posted that post a while back with pics if anyone wants to look it up?

The Calais is very capable of casting 5 grams or less for my bass persuits - too versatile a reel IMHO.

kelley71
Angler
Angler

Post by kelley71 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:08 am

Special thanks to Bantam for taking the time to respond to my issue. I just fished the reel yesterday and worked great. But I have to be honest, that Chronarch HG I bought pairs very well with my Laguna rod. I can cast 1/8 jigs with small 3 inch swim baits further than I can with that DC reel. It's becoming my favorite quick. But for wind in the face, the DC performs VERY well.