Curado noise on retrieve

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Curado noise on retrieve

Post by Slazmo » Thu May 28, 2020 2:22 pm

None of which I own in my usual lineup - I have my Saragsa, Ultegra, Baitrunner OC / D and Cazna spinners for certain applications, but the majority is everything that's got coated CF main gears and worm drive shafts, or brass on coated brass or plastic etc. I can certainly understand where the product would come off gears and idlers that have the zinc alloy wear but that's assuming hard gear wear for that amount.

But when it's out of higher end baitcaster and spin reels you quietly wonder "where". I'll have to get fresh pictures of my next washout - have a few Stella's to do next round see if any glitter comes out of them.

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Curado noise on retrieve

Post by lifeofRiley » Thu May 28, 2020 9:36 pm

lifeofRiley wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:57 pm
The only reason I see to pre-service a new reel is if there are metal shavings on the gears that will cause them to "roughen up" quickly. Slaz is the one that brought this to my attention.
I think when I initially saw Slaz post about this it was on a daiwa tear down of a new reel he did. I've got a lot of faith in Shimano and the initial quality of their product. The length of time they've been making reels, and the history they have making high quality precision bicycle gears, speaks to the quality of their product and engineering methods.