Question on CH100D7

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Question on CH100D7

Post by lifeofRiley » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:20 pm

A good buddy just gave me one to replace the knobs on it for him. He bought on ebay, and I opened the reel up quickly to check the internals. The reel was really clean and in good shape, although the damper spring was missing, which I suspected because it seems to be gone on about half of these reels. I noticed while double checking the schematic that part no. BNT 4020, washer, I have never seen on any of the four reels I own, and it wasn't on my buddy's reel I had just serviced. Is this washer metal or plastic? Does it serve much of a purpose? Will it seat on the post directly on top of the o-ring, or is it just loose between the o-ring and the side plate? Obviously not a huge deal, but curiosity got the better of me when I saw the schematic. I'm not sure if I should get some in my next parts order, or if the part is discontinued.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Question on CH100D7

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:02 am

It is a plastic type washer and typically it is in the frame side in the recess. This is why most people don't know that it is there. Also as with most washers and spacers they can be removed or added as needed to compensate for tolerances. This will adjust how tightly the side plate fits to the frame. The o-ring typically handles this, but there are times when you need a little more or less.