Shimano Stradic CI4+ 2500 HG-B

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
cadman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Shimano Stradic CI4+ 2500 HG-B

Post by cadman » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:45 pm

I am repairing a reel for a friend. I believe I need the following parts:

RD17841.......ROTOR (1 piece)
RD17686.......BAIL ASSEMBLY

As you can see in the picture someone broke the Rotor. So I know I need that and probably the bail ass'y.

The bail ass'y noted above. Does that include everything I need to mount it onto the rotor. If not, what else would I need. If you sell these parts, can you PM me a price breakdown, so I can pass it along to my friend

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Shimano Stradic CI4+ 2500 HG-B

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:35 am

You may not need a bail wire. Sometimes you can just slightly reshape them. Here is a link to the online parts ordering screen and schematic for this reel:

https://fishshop.shimano.com/collections/stci42500hgfb

It's hard for me to say what all you need based on the couple of images you posted. You could need click pins and springs for the bail arm. If you have never worked on the Stradic, make sure you transfer over all of the parts like the small rotor ring on the bottom if it doesn't stay in the anti reverse bearing. If there is no reason to disassemble anything else on the reel except the rotor.

You will need a .89mm/.035" hex to remove the clicker gear on the spool shaft to remove the rotor.

cadman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano Stradic CI4+ 2500 HG-B

Post by cadman » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:07 pm

Thank You for your help.