Turn over time for reel maintenance?

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Turn over time for reel maintenance?

Post by oops » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:18 pm

Need to send a few reels in and procrastinated way too much and now I'm only about a month away from my personal short bass season. I imagine that turn around time for stuff sent to Shimano is pretty slow at the moment and totally understand, just curious if there's a generally established turn around time? Have to send some stuff in regardless, just not sure if it'll be a couple reels or a bunch of reels.

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Turn over time for reel maintenance?

Post by eklikewhoa » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:14 pm

Personally I'd find a reputable person outside of the dealer.

Tackle trap offers services and Im sure they are plenty capable.

I personally do service on the side but major parts replacement would take a bit more time for me.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Turn over time for reel maintenance?

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:58 am

Turn around varies throughout the year. We are currently about 2-3 weeks, maybe slightly longer at the SC location due to a Covid issue that took place. They were out for a week.

We strive to maintain two weeks or less, but we have a limited amount of people and volume can change from day to day, or week to week. Typically the beginning of the year and later in the summer are the busiest times.