2024 Metanium DC...

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
tdm
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

2024 Metanium DC...

Post by tdm » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:28 am

Hey guys, I need the part number for the handle assembly of a 24 Metanium DC 71XG please.

Thanks.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: 2024 Metanium DC...

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:02 am

I do not have the schematic for these yet. The reels should have the schematics in the box. I just do not have a pdf version to check yet.

tdm
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tdm » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:36 am

Bantam1 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:02 am
I do not have the schematic for these yet. The reels should have the schematics in the box. I just do not have a pdf version to check yet.
Thanks for the reply, sorry I forgot to mention that mine is a JDM version. it's a 71 and came with 84mm handle. Schematics for US version is not available online yet and just hoping someone already own a lefty US version.

Handle for these new reels probably isn't available to order anyway, right?

harry chang
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by harry chang » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:40 am

I thought the XG JDM model comes with 90mm handles?

tdm
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tdm » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:10 am

harry chang wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:40 am
I thought the XG JDM model comes with 90mm handles?
Yes it does. I'm pretty sure USDM and JDM 24 Metanium DC are basically identical except for the 6.2 gear ratio is not available in the US.

HellaBread
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HellaBread » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:57 am

tdm wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:28 am
Hey guys, I need the part number for the handle assembly of a 24 Metanium DC 71XG please.

Thanks.
PN: 1469V

since the reel just came out I don’t think shimano north america will have any parts available for at least 6-8 months but Bantam1 can confirm or not

tdm
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tdm » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:31 pm

HellaBread wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:57 am
tdm wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:28 am

Thanks.
PN: 1469V

since the reel just came out I don’t think shimano north america will have any parts available for at least 6-8 months but Bantam1 can confirm or not
Thanks, I got the same part number from another site and no match at Shimano US website so yes, probably not available yet.

Will just have to wait and see.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:23 am

Hopefully parts availability will be back on track in a few months. There have been some issues with the new part number changes and how we store parts. Just a long manual process to create new locations for new numbers then transfer over old numbers to the new locations. Since we are still doing business every day we simply cannot shut down the carousel system we use for parts (fish and bike).

Trust me it's not an ideal process but we have to work with the tools we have right now.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:42 pm

Bantam1 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:23 am
Hopefully parts availability will be back on track in a few months. There have been some issues with the new part number changes and how we store parts. Just a long manual process to create new locations for new numbers then transfer over old numbers to the new locations. Since we are still doing business every day we simply cannot shut down the carousel system we use for parts (fish and bike).

Trust me it's not an ideal process but we have to work with the tools we have right now.
Sounds like the old auto parts books at the car dealerships. There would be a row of parts by model years, and you would have to find the part in it's model year, and then move up the row, book by book, tracing the part number referral, until you found the current part number. It was a mad house at the parts counter sometimes!

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:36 am

When I was a technician at Toyota I learned quickly it was good to be friends with the parts guys. They made all the difference and never got the respect they deserved. Then they would know if there were updated parts and make sure you got everything you needed to go along with the running change or update.

Our new part number changes have been challenging. We went from prefix number like BNT, RD, TGT etc to a 5 digit code with a mix of numbers and letters. In some ways it eliminated multiple number for the same or similar parts. in other ways it's a little bit of controlled chaos. Moving part locations in the warehouse, relabeling our parts department drawers and creating new barcodes for all of those parts. Then there are the service centers and parts dealers. Then there are the schematic revisions that are not all completed yet. So we spend a lot of time checking a cross reference spread sheet that we created to look up the new numbers.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:40 am

Bantam1 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:36 am
Our new part number changes have been challenging. We went from prefix number like BNT, RD, TGT etc to a 5 digit code with a mix of numbers and letters. In some ways it eliminated multiple number for the same or similar parts. in other ways it's a little bit of controlled chaos. Moving part locations in the warehouse, relabeling our parts department drawers and creating new barcodes for all of those parts. Then there are the service centers and parts dealers. Then there are the schematic revisions that are not all completed yet. So we spend a lot of time checking a cross reference spread sheet that we created to look up the new numbers.
Sounds like me trying to keep track of my tackle and what line I was using with which reel for what review with which bait tied to what combo and ... :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"