Triple Trout's

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Triple Trout's

Post by SPAZ »

Just got one in today and I'm going to head out soon and use it for the first time. Just wondering what size ttrouts you guys prefer and recommend to me. Anybody had any luck with the other colors not resembling trout?
davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Triple Trout's

Post by davej »

Hey Spiroh... I have been using the triple trout here on the East coast on the last few outings and have had success using a combination of retrieves.. my first retrieve technique is casting it out.. letting it fall to a desired depth and doing a very slow retrieve (no pauses, no erratic movements etc) I first used this type of retrieve in horrible conditions we had a 100 yr storm on April 15th with 39 air temp, 42 water and steady 30mph winds and 2" of sleet mixed with rain on the decks.. I hooked up right away and after a few fish started to try and mimic my two fellow anglers throwing jerk baits.. so I would start with the same cast, same count down, same very slow retrieve but would add a pause... jerk jerk pause and Bang the smallies would crush it on the first or second pause.. ( I can add some photos if you like) you will see that on the pause the bait will curl in a C fashion and slow sink.. you have to learn the amount of pressure you give it when jerking as it gets fouled easy.. Now that we are in the warmer months of summer fishing you have slow down your retrieve.. you are going to love that you have this bait come fall...

DJ
Lubina
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lubina »

Good tips Dave, thanks. I have my first TT on the way but I have similar experience fishing other lures this Summer. My bite has also changed more toward the Gill and slow retrieve rather than the previous weeks where the Slammer and BBZ where my best. Last evening I got a very decent fist on one of Matt's East Coast but got stocked in the pads and I couldn't get it out.
T Mike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by T Mike »

TT's are my favorite swimbait by a large margin. You literally can't fish them wrong. My favorite way is to wake them or fish them a foot or so below the surface. My opinion on swimbaits out east is color is of very little concern. I've caught spots on the trout colored TT's and there is no trout in the lake. Same goes for heads. I prefer the 8 incher but I extend it out to 10.5 inches by adding a Fin S Fish forked tail to mimic a gizzard shad which is common forage in my home lake.

Mike
Dobyns Rods, Lucky Craft, Triple Fish, Bull Shad