The Big Bait, Big Stink Giveaway.

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
stumpy041486
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: The Big Bait, Big Stink Giveaway.

Post by stumpy041486 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:04 pm

here is the other fish...they are definately nothing to brag about...lol
Attachments
IMG_0145 resize.JPG
IMG_0145 resize.JPG (60.53 KiB) Viewed 5042 times

njvbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by njvbass » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:30 pm

went out before work friday armed with a 200Gt Te Calcutta and XH setyr , 1 MS slammer and 1 Shellcracker looking for some top water action. had one fish fall for a shellcracker slow retrieve and twitch around a laydown

THE LAYDOWN
THE FISH

THE WEAPON

Lightninrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Lightninrod » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:56 pm

Nice Bass guys! I used the Unibutter today on a few baits but my impression is inconclusive as of yet :oops: . I caught Bass with it and without it today. :|

Dan

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by davej » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:33 am

stumpy041486 wrote:I just got back from fishing. I decided to fish the basstrix paddle tail swimbait. The color I was using was pearl. I only caught 2 small fish, but the big ones don't bite everytime. I was fishing with a TD-Ito and a Falcon Cara 6'6" MH rod. The line I was using was 20lb suffix elite. I was fishing a small pond about 5-6 acres. Both fish were caught in shallow water (2-4 feet). I was fishing by myself so I did the best I could taking pics.
Winner #2... Great Job... Please PM me your address and I will get your bottle in the mail..

Keep the reports and Pics comming..

DJ

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:00 pm

I got my first swimb8 fish! The b8 is a Storm 5" Perch (Wally World Special) SB8 that weighs about an ounce. I was trying out my new Calcutta DC250 (I strung it up with some 17# Trilene Big Game) and put the reel on my GLoomis MBR783 IMX for it's maiden voyage from the boat dock (I only had about 30 minutes of daylight left). It ain't much fish but it's the first LMB on my swimb8 reel with what some might consider a poor boy's swimb8. Sorry about the fuzzy picture...I think Lizzy might be related to JohnnyA. :lol:

The DC250 was chunking that 1 oz about 200' give or take a few. This reel is going to do a football field with 2 ozs. when D.R. gets through with it and I get the right rod for it. ;)
Attachments
1st_swimb8_LMB.jpg
1st_swimb8_LMB.jpg (15.66 KiB) Viewed 4993 times
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by davej » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:46 pm

njvbass wrote:went out before work friday armed with a 200Gt Te Calcutta and XH setyr , 1 MS slammer and 1 Shellcracker looking for some top water action. had one fish fall for a shellcracker slow retrieve and twitch around a laydown

THE LAYDOWN
THE FISH

THE WEAPON
Winner #3 with a Nice Shell Cracker Fish... did she crush it? I like the pictorial.. that 3rd picture has a questionable back drop for the title though..

Nice Job NJVBASS

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by davej » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:50 pm

mhood wrote:I got my first swimb8 fish! The b8 is a Storm 5" Perch (Wally World Special) SB8 that weighs about an ounce. I was trying out my new Calcutta DC250 (I strung it up with some 17# Trilene Big Game) and put the reel on my GLoomis MBR783 IMX for it's maiden voyage from the boat dock (I only had about 30 minutes of daylight left). It ain't much fish but it's the first LMB on my swimb8 reel with what some might consider a poor boy's swimb8. Sorry about the fuzzy picture...I think Lizzy might be related to JohnnyA. :lol:

The DC250 was chunking that 1 oz about 200' give or take a few. This reel is going to do a football field with 2 ozs. when D.R. gets through with it and I get the right rod for it. ;)
Nice Mr. Hood... we have #4.... Look forward to the Upgrade report on that reel.. what rod have you decided on?

Please PM your address..

Dave

njvbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by njvbass » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:32 am

davej wrote:
njvbass wrote:went out before work friday armed with a 200Gt Te Calcutta and XH setyr , 1 MS slammer and 1 Shellcracker looking for some top water action. had one fish fall for a shellcracker slow retrieve and twitch around a laydown

THE LAYDOWN
THE FISH

THE WEAPON
Winner #3 with a Nice Shell Cracker Fish... did she crush it? I like the pictorial.. that 3rd picture has a questionable back drop for the title though..

Nice Job NJVBASS
Thank you Davej, the fish made a wake for my wakebait, then crushed it, and swam right at me. Sorry for the bad picture, but I wanted to get that lure back in the water. :lol:

stumpy041486
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by stumpy041486 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:48 pm

I received my unibutter a couple days ago. Really fast shipping. I have not had a chance to try it yet. It definately smells strong though...lol. Hopefully I will get to try it out soon.

Thanks Dave

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by davej » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:44 pm

stumpy041486 wrote:I received my unibutter a couple days ago. Really fast shipping. I have not had a chance to try it yet. It definately smells strong though...lol. Hopefully I will get to try it out soon.

Thanks Dave
awesome... look forward to hearing what you think..

Mr Hood... please pm me your address so I can send out yours..

Still one left Gang..

DJ

carrot top
Angler
Angler

Post by carrot top » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:03 pm

Actually went out to do some largemouth bass fishing but they weren't cooperating. Fish was caught on a custom wrapped Rainshadow 967, Calcutta 400, 25 lb Triple Fish camoescent, and a medium sized black MS Slammer. No clue on the weight as the scale was 40 ft. away. I do know that it is however my largest striped bass.

and if that wasn't enough 40 minutes later this one hit a Lunker Punker! To land it I dragged it on shore probably not the best idea but the fish swam away strong. The gear for this fish was was an Okuma 7' 11" XH swimbait rod, Calcutta 400te, 25 Triple Fish camoescent and the 9" Lunker Punker.

Edit: these were caught saturday August 4

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by davej » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:17 am

carrot top wrote:Actually went out to do some largemouth bass fishing but they weren't cooperating. Fish was caught on a custom wrapped Rainshadow 967, Calcutta 400, 25 lb Triple Fish camoescent, and a medium sized black MS Slammer. No clue on the weight as the scale was 40 ft. away. I do know that it is however my largest striped bass.

and if that wasn't enough 40 minutes later this one hit a Lunker Punker! To land it I dragged it on shore probably not the best idea but the fish swam away strong. The gear for this fish was was an Okuma 7' 11" XH swimbait rod, Calcutta 400te, 25 Triple Fish camoescent and the 9" Lunker Punker.

Edit: these were caught saturday August 4
Okay Carrot Top... great job on those swimbait striper's.. can't beat those guys hitting top water baits.. I was a little bummed you blurred the back ground but you made up for it in the second pic.. Please PM me your address and I will send out #5 bottle of UNI butter.. Great job and keep those reports comming..

Dave

carrot top
Angler
Angler

Post by carrot top » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:13 am

I really don't like blocking the background. However the shot was pretty telling of where I was fishing. The lake seems to be off the radar a little bit and if it allows me a few more fish like these in the next month or two then I am going to try and keep it off the radar a little longer. The word will get out though.

The first striper hit the MS Slammer underwater maybe 20 ft away from the dock and tried to take me under the dock luckily the rainshadow is like a BIG crankbait stick and was able to move it away from going under the dock. Funny part of the whole thing is a lady was walking behind me and asked if I wanted a net so I said sure thinking it would help me bring the fish on the dock. Well I turned around and she had a net that might fit a 15 inch trout. Her response was well you can put the head in. LOL I decided to lip it. A few pictures and back in the water it went.

The second fish hit as I was fishing off a different dock. This time I made my way off the dock and was able to land the striper by dragging it on shore. A few pictures and that fish was back in the water