What can I cook to get out of this one?

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
senkoman85
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

What can I cook to get out of this one?

Post by senkoman85 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:25 am

My TW order came through, and I got to it before anyone could see it....but I can only hide stuff for so long before 1) someone finds out or 2) I show off my new swimbaits.

Looking for recipies that will make everyone forget that I just blew another 150 on swimbaits. While it might not look like MUCH, I have two Markey Boxes filled already...and many havn't hit the water yet :D

I'll let the pictures do the talking.

-Eddie
Attachments
swimbaits 004edit2.JPG
TW order R2S KONG
swimbaits 004edit2.JPG (69.98 KiB) Viewed 3947 times
swimbaits 001edit2.JPG
TW order
swimbaits 001edit2.JPG (67.11 KiB) Viewed 3947 times

Sully
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: What can I cook to get out of this one?

Post by Sully » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:41 am

Awesome!!

I just threw the kong the other day for the first time. No fish but the swimming action is terrific. I got the sinking which you can still wake with your rod tip up. :D

As far as a menu..you'll have to wait for Dave. I'm sure he'll cook up a good one for you. ;)

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by davej » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:47 am

Okay eddie... I just check on my $200.00 spend recovery recipes..

If she is a seafood fan I have the:
Stuffed Calamari Recipe

Ingredients:
6-8 Get whole cleaned squids (get them from a nice fish store)
1/2 lb of the calamari legs (course chop)
4-6 Hot sausage links (remove from casings)
1- Banana Pepper (long sweet Italian green pepper also called Cubenello) Finely chopped
8-10 Saltines
Olive Oil
3 cloves of Garlic (Crushed not chopped)
1- Jar of RAO’s Arrabiata sauce (Spicy marinara sauce) Sup for homemade suace if you make your own
Fresh Cracked Pepper.
Box of Toothpicks
Frying Pan
Oven safe Dish (like a baking pan or casserole dish)

Brown sausage in frying pan on medium heat, use spatula to crumble sausage into marble size chunks. Do not overcook the sausage, just trying to brown it.

In a large Mixing bowl add saltines, crush up saltines, add Olive Oil (just drizzle in the oil until the saltines start to bunch up) add Browned Sausage and finely chopped pepper, add a some fresh Cracked Pepper and the calamari legs

stuff the calamari tube with the stuffing mix, you can really jam it in there, I packed them real tight. Once you have them REALLY stuffed then close the front with two or three toothpicks.

In a frying pan heat Olive oil over medium heat, lightly sear the garlic Do not over cook the garlic, just soften it up. Add Stuffed Calamari sear on all sides for a about 2 minutes a side, this step is not to cook them just browning the outside. Move entire contents of frying pan into a baking dish, add RAO Arrabiata sauce, put enough to just cover them 3/4 of the way, Cook in oven at 325-350 for about 45 minutes. You can leave them in the oven on warm for a long time after they are cooked. You can serve with some steamed broccoli-rabe or pasta.

Cook them now.. thank me later

I also have a Nice Hot and spicy shrimp dish in Oyster Sauce.. If seafood is not her thing I will post up the Chicken Casserole with Wild Rice..

Lastly you can revert back to my go to recipe which is the cornish hens

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:43 am

Hot and spicy shrimp? That sounds really good and I may need to use it. Please post :)

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by davej » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:13 am

spiroh wrote:Hot and spicy shrimp? That sounds really good and I may need to use it. Please post :)
I need to know that reason? (pole, reel, swimbaits etc) all my recipes are like Cal's rods.. they each have a very specific application (purpose)

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:27 pm

davej wrote:
spiroh wrote:Hot and spicy shrimp? That sounds really good and I may need to use it. Please post :)
I need to know that reason? (pole, reel, swimbaits etc) all my recipes are like Cal's rods.. they each have a very specific application (purpose)
Reel and a Pole along with 1 or 2 swimbaits. Shall I go light on the pepper? :)

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by davej » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm

spiroh wrote:
davej wrote:
Reel and a Pole along with 1 or 2 swimbaits. Shall I go light on the pepper? :)
Ohh you need the "My Reel is pimp so i cooked you some Shrimp" recipe..

Hot and Spicy Shrimp in oyster Sauce
Dish name: My Reel is pimp so I cooked you some Shrimp

-Buy 1 or 2 lb (7 per person is plenty) of large jumbo shrimp no shells~cleaned. Large tiger shrimp would be nice. Get from a nice Fish Monger
- half of yellow onion (Diced)
- 6 large cloves of garlic (don't cut in pieces, just crush)
-Garlic sauce (see picture)
-Hot Sauce (see picture)
-Can of Sliced Water Chestnuts
-Can of whole baby Corn
-Soy beans (shelled if in season)
-Vegetables of your choice

Cook your white rice first while you cook the vegetables (I use the Uncle Bens Conventional rice and cook it in the microwave)
Optional Vegetables: I like to add a few different vegetables to the dish.
So before cooking the Shrimp.
1) Quickly blanch some Broccoli or Asparagus (cut asparagus into 2inches spears) Blanching is a quick steam, you can do this by taking a medium pot adding about 3 inches of water or Chicken stock, bring to a boil, add Vegetable, steam for a few minutes, until vegetable is cooked yet still crunchy.
2) In The frying pan add some Olive oil, 2 Cloves of Crushed Garlic slightly brown the Garlic over medium heat, add the Onion and sauté the chopped onion until golden brown, Add vegetable, Water Chestnuts, the Baby Corn. 2 Table Spoons of the oyster Sauce, 1 Table spoon of the Hot sauce, Let cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes (until all the flavors are infused)
3) Remove Vegetables, set aside, return vegetables to frying pan after your have cooked the shrimp (this step is just to heat the Vegetables back up)
1 - heat your frying pan with few drips of olive oil
2 - drop 4 cloves of garlic
3 - in about 50 seconds, add the shrimp
4 - add some black pepper (no salt as you get enough from oyster sauce)
5 - add two tablespoon of oyster sauce
6 - add 1 tablespoon of the hot sauce (with the chicken on the picture) don't over do it because you don't want hot sauce to over power the shrimp and oyster sauce.
Cook until shrimp is nice and golden. Add the vegetables back to into the frying pan.. On a nice plate, layer the white rice, punch out the middle section of the rice in small circle, and drop the shrimp dish right in the hole. You can add a garnish like thinly sliced scallion, but not necessary.
Let me know how it goes.
Attachments
shrimp Dish Sauce.jpg
shrimp Dish Sauce.jpg (52.36 KiB) Viewed 3880 times

senkoman85
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by senkoman85 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:20 pm

Thanks Dave! I'll give it a shot tomorrow night.

This topic has spawned a new idea for me....I'm not sure if I want to thread jack my own post, so I'll start a new one for all the swimb8'rs

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:11 am

Thanks for the recipe Dave. I will definitely put it to good use :)