Why did Megabait change the LA Slider?

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
BIG BAIT
Angler
Angler

Why did Megabait change the LA Slider?

Post by BIG BAIT » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:06 pm

What happened to the LA Slider? Why did Megabait drop it and start making the Bass Grande? Does anyone know where you can still get the Megabait 7.5 inch trout patterned sliders? The new Bass Grande's are nowhere near the same.

geoi310
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Why did Megabait change the LA Slider?

Post by geoi310 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:45 am

From what I understand, the inventor of the LA Slider revoked the license for Megabait to manufacture the baits.
They made their own under the Little Anthony name. Out customers preferred the manufacturing quality of the Megabaits over the Little Anthony's.
I'm not sure if the Little Anthony's are being made any more as some colors never came back in stock from my supplier.
There were a lot of Megabait LA Sliders that were auctioned off when Megabait went under so I see them pop up on ebay once in a while.
I've gotten a few offers to buy some in bulk, but it's been tough to find the inserts...
The quality of the Bass Grande is the same as the Megabait sliders. The tail action is the same. They just couldn't copy the patented slide out weight.
Even the Bass Grande is now out of production and we're starting to run out of colors.
http://www.ExtremeLures.com