Tranx 200 for swimbaits ?

Come share your passion, experiences, and questions for the latest fishing craze to take the Nation... you asked for it, and here it is.. TT's SWIMBAIT FORUM!
Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Tranx 200 for swimbaits ?

Post by Real Pudd legend » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:47 pm

Is anyone throwing a tranx 200 with baits up to 3oz with any issues ? Strong enough and durable ?

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tranx 200 for swimbaits ?

Post by _diggy_ » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:33 am

I am not, but many are. My friend had one for swimnbaits and sold it. He was complaining about casting distance but all he needed to do was flush the bearings, big dummy.

People are throwing those size baits on lesser reels. I know someone that uses the 200 for inshore, catches big snook and Jacks, not sure how his drag is holding up, but he loves the reel.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:53 am

I've had absolutely no problems with 200e sized Shimano reels :P throwing up words to almost 4 oz baits pretty sketchy to most but I put in enough time at least a season and a half if not more..... probably not the greatest for longevity on that particular platform but absolutely can be done no problema 8-) as for other 200 models especially pertaining to the tranks which if I still remember was designed specifically for bigger profiles when it initially came out as a 300 series.

My dos pesos :lol:

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:57 am

Also depending on what line diameter you feel most secure with 200 models can get quite a bit on there at least if you're throwing 40 to 50 PP maybe 55 if you're doing J braid or Samurai. To be honest I really dug 65 lb powerpro I'm sure there's better braids out there but once you get used to it it's really don't need anything else quite honestly at least in my hands I haven't really got to the point where I live tried a bunch of different lines I'm kind of at a place I just go with what I trust at this point although with 65 you're going to get a little less but I still think at least a hundred maybe a hundred to 120 meters littlenmore if talking yards :-k

I say this as my home reservoirs require a decent payload of line to get to required depths 8-)

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:27 am

Thanks for the info guys!

I want to have 40lb braid with fishing 20/25lb mono or Fluoro leader max. It won’t be tossing anything above 3.5 oz, some small glide baits and occasional big topwater 1-2 oz range.