Things You Have NEVER Tried

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Things You Have NEVER Tried

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:09 am

HellaBread wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:58 pm
Never tried a loomis rod for an extended period of time. This is due to the fact the only ones I’d be semi interested in use recoils which i hate with a passion (fished them on a few custom builds from friends i despise them.)
Agreed, the sound of braid thru them is maddening. I fish braid 99% of the time, so recoils are out for me, as well.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

HellaBread
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HellaBread » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:55 am

yup, and I fish pretty much exclusively braid at this point so the only way you could get me to try an NRX is to rewrap it which is a massive pain in the butt to have to do on a rod that’s already that expensive to begin with. I honestly can’t remember the last time i’ve ever spooled up mono or fluro mainline outside of specific saltwater inshore setups

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 am

As far as things I've never used, those mentioned Recoil guides would be on there. I know what they are, but not much about them or if they still have a coating or what...???