addicted

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
ah_long
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: addicted

Post by ah_long » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:59 am

taylor5877 wrote:I guess I'm different than most here. I've tried the super high end rods and reels, and it just confirms to me that the level that is the bulk of my stuff is just fine. Granted that's a lineup of Daiwa zillions and 150-200 rods, so not too shabby.

For instance, I traded for a Loomis 843c GLX, and every time I used it all I could think was how much happier I'd be with the 2-3 rods I could trade it for.

Higher end reels are even worse for me. For one they aren't really that special to me, but I end up not using them so I don't devalue them by getting marks on them. For some reason my cutoff is my Zillion Type R, which I've used the crap out of since I bought it.

I'm also so anal about my reels' smooth retrieve, that I think of parts availability too.

But seriously I look at reels like that conquest and just see an unnecessarily blinged out calcutta TE, as I'd rather have the usdm version which is easier to get parts for.

I do trade and like to try EVERYTHING in my price range though. And there's nothing more exciting than seeing that new package at my front door. Totally my "drug" in life.
I find higher end stuff more economical and easier on the bank account

I know some people like to keep their product until the end of time, but I like to buy and sell.. higher end products keep their value much better than middle/low end products

taylor5877
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by taylor5877 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:31 am

:lol: oh, it's mainly my reels, but I go thru tackle like underwear...

I've had 1 of the reels in my current rotation longer than a year...and that is the Morrum ZX that I got for V-day last year (awesome wife).

knht
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by knht » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:00 am

i have twenty reels and rod combo, spinning and overhead/multipliers, ranging fro hi-medium end more than i can fish....i thought that is my biggest money suckers until i start counting the costs of my lures :crying:

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:34 am

This is what I hear from my wife all the time...

WHAT? More $25 lures? Don't you have enough already? Then I proceed to point at her makeup, shoes, and purses....and say? how about you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always end it with, "Don't even get me into your clothes......."

Call it even ;) :big grin:
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

Chewy
Angler
Angler

Post by Chewy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:45 am

Hi. My name is Andrew and I'm a tackleholic...

Great post, It helps me feel that I'm not on this "island" alone.

I just got the Z2020hl \:D/ :whistle: :laugh1:

Now pardon me while I enjoy my pbj sandwich and 10 cent top ramen.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:33 pm

I feel the same way. I used to have like 20 lower end rod and reels, even though I only use maybe 3-4 out of that bunch regularly. I got a Daiwa Luna on sale for $99 at Gander Mtn. one day and that just absolutely fueled my fire for higher end equipment. It was the nicest baitcaster I had ever used at the time so I thought....I need better. At that time my nicest baitcaster was the Luna, spinner was a Capricorn XTC I got from Dick's on sale for $49 with my B.A. St Croix Triumph rods (also on sale)......

Now I have a Calcutta TE250DC, Sustain 3000FG, Patriarch, CI4, and I still want bigger and better....my next step is to jump into the JDM stuff...lord help me

mdesouza
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mdesouza » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:40 pm

ecu daniel 14 wrote:I am also single (im sure the future g/f and wife would appreciate me spending more money on her then fishing)...is there any sort of budget plan you have (if you feel like sharing and its not too personal) or am I doomed?

Easy, my wife tells me how much money I need to put in our joint account from each paycheck, then I spend the rest on fishing gear. Problem solved!

mike D