addicted

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: addicted

Post by Buck2thPerch » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Shimano-Or-Nothing wrote:I think I'm addicted too. Over the past 2 months I've got a Calais 100a, Chronarch D7, Curado E5, Gloomis Mossyback, Gloomis Jerkbait Rod, Shimano Cumara and who knows how many lures. But, I use all of it so I don't feel guilty.
ecu daniel 14 wrote:geeeeeeze man how much do you make a month?!?!?! =D> =D> =D>
He's probably cheap like me - buy used. Wait...even used is still expensive?!?!?!?! Wow and I thought my $1000 tackle splurge the past two months were high. :doh:
Marine General Staff - Duluth MN
**What is fishing?**

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:24 am

yah after reading half of these posts and some of the crazy collections on the show and tell forum, I can honestly say I am probably the poorest TT member. College grad with no job, no money, student loan debt, and other payments....sweet deal. I am totally jealous. Maybe I should delete my account until I start making more money cause this is making me feel horrible haha :doh: :lol:
stress-what happens between fishing trips

vszero
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by vszero » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:38 am

Buck2thPerch wrote:
Shimano-Or-Nothing wrote:I think I'm addicted too. Over the past 2 months I've got a Calais 100a, Chronarch D7, Curado E5, Gloomis Mossyback, Gloomis Jerkbait Rod, Shimano Cumara and who knows how many lures. But, I use all of it so I don't feel guilty.
ecu daniel 14 wrote:geeeeeeze man how much do you make a month?!?!?! =D> =D> =D>
He's probably cheap like me - buy used. Wait...even used is still expensive?!?!?!?! Wow and I thought my $1000 tackle splurge the past two months were high. :doh:

1,000 dollars splurge is nothing because i'm 18 and i spend like 2,500-3,000 in last month
females are more confusing than bass fishing

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:44 am

RIDICULOUS!!! where are you people finding all this cash?!?! =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

vszero
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by vszero » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:04 am

ecu daniel 14 wrote:RIDICULOUS!!! where are you people finding all this cash?!?! =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
i work and i used up my money in savings

chartreuse
Angler
Angler

Post by chartreuse » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:16 am

vszero wrote: i work and i used up my money in savings
...its funny how a large number of kids clean-out their savings.
retirement whaa??? :lol:

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:18 am

my savings at the moment is $7.34 LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

chartreuse
Angler
Angler

Post by chartreuse » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:57 am

hey, at least its a positive balance... my roommate's account goes into negative funds every so often! :roll:
and also, be thankful we're addicted to a "healthy" habit - my roommate's money gets funneled purely into beer purchases.
my poor roommate... haha

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:05 am

hahaha I used to be just like that when I was away at college...beer had priority over everything...then I grew up and got into this old man hobby...which I must say is much much better :big grin:

vszero
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by vszero » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:13 am

chartreuse wrote:
vszero wrote: i work and i used up my money in savings
...its funny how a large number of kids clean-out their savings.
retirement whaa??? :lol:
i blew out my savings for something good
now i have to work hard to get my savings up ](*,)

Shimano-Or-Nothing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Shimano-Or-Nothing » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Everything I've bought is brand new. I work a lot of hours, 50+ a week. I don't want it to seem like I do this all the time, last year I had 2 baitcasters. One being a Bantam Curado. I got it for my birthday in 7th grade, I'm 22 now. I retired my trusty Bantam and decided it was time to upgrade. I'm up to 5 casting setups all are pretty much brand new. I'm pretty comfortable with it.

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:59 pm

vszero wrote:
ecu daniel 14 wrote:RIDICULOUS!!! where are you people finding all this cash?!?! =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
i work and i used up my money in savings
How do you kids not have a social life with a significant other after spending that kind of money? Half my money during my college yrs were spent on Women. Many of whom I don't remember much or wished I never *cough* met them. You know how the old saying goes - "Women, can't live with them and can't live without them".

Most expensive reel I had since I was 18 was an old browning baitcaster with 6:1 GEAR and 5 bearings that retailed for $100 and was on "clearance" at Gandermountain for "$60". All my other reels were Shakespear or cheap quantums. When you were a kid out of highschool with no money, a $30-$60 reel back then feels like a $250+ reel now. If you think that was bad I still have an old casting 6'6" ugly stick. Yet this cheap rod and reel gave me more great memories of catching fish than any of my highend rods nowadays. It was surreal and even more surreal to think of it now.

The only reason I spent a little over $1000 was I needed to upgrade my old Curado B's and get some new rods vs my old Fenwick and St. Croix rods. Otherwise I am very conservative about spending my money on fishing tackle now - well I guess with kids and nagzilla, you have to be conservative. 1 kid....you can still spen, two kids....kinda spend, three kids... your asking for it, and four+ kids and you will be upgrading every 8yrs - 10yrs as in my case. Really. Young bucks have no idea. Unless you are a doctor or are in the line of work like Cal, you can have the best of both worlds. Trust me, I am an IT Admin and make a good living but with kids, they are expensive.
Marine General Staff - Duluth MN
**What is fishing?**

chartreuse
Angler
Angler

Post by chartreuse » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:00 am

an old man once told me, "never get married"... then another one told me... and another... :-k

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:21 am

hahahahahha I hear that alot too... :-k :-k :-k

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:25 pm

expensive hobby but I love it, nothing like feeling that bite and setting the hook it could be a dink or a lunker that's the beauty of it.
Kenjutsu
(剣術)