Survey Says? Question about TackleTour Articles....

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!

Given the choice, how would you like your TackleTour article content?

Just tell me about the product, your real world experience does not apply to my situation.
No votes
A quick on the water assessment is all I need, I don't need to see your catches.
4%
Keep doing what you're doing, I'm not complaining!!
95%
What are these articles of which you speak?!?
1%

Total votes: 82

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Survey Says? Question about TackleTour Articles....

Post by Cal » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:07 pm

We're running this poll concurrently on our Facebook Fanpage too:

"We here it remarked from time to time, that TackleTour takes too long to review certain products. This issue can present itself because we actually take the time to fish the products we review (not to be confused with product previews, insights, on the water introductions, etc.) and present to you, our impressions of said product. This real world experience is important to us. The question is, how important is this real world perspective to you?

alex09
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Survay Says? Question about TackleTour Articles....

Post by alex09 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Perhaps a both a Quick Review - a few days in the water (with your catches) and a Full Review -- the long-winded, one-to-two season review which contains the durability issues, etc.

A Quick Review is some sort of First Impressions --- necessary for those who cannot wait for the full review. Those tackle junkies who want to pull the trigger as soon as the product is released. :)

The Full review is the review that you are currently doing.

PS: Survey is spelled with an "e". :)

arbogastjunkie
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Survey Says? Question about TackleTour Articles....

Post by arbogastjunkie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:56 pm

I voted for keep doing what you are doing. I like the detail. However, I think the idea of some quick initial impressions.

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:42 pm

if it ain't broke...

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:21 pm

I chose the third option as i think you all do a bang up job. The only thing that would be better for me is when showing the data charts on rods, always using a loomis for comparison does nothing for me. I fish st croix mostly, and have never fished a loomis. An interactive chart where you can choose a rod for comparison, would be out of control. There has to be a ton of information in charts from all the rods tested, making it interactive would add great utility.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:25 pm

There are a lot of sites that can give me quick reviews and initial thoughts but I keep coming back to this one. Don't change a thing.

cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by cjtoad » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:07 am

Keep doing what your doing just do more of it. Maybe try not sleeping or eating or spending time with your family, just do reviews 24/7 that would work for me ;) .

Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Eric Walsh » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:41 am

I like the current format as I never buy new items in a rush - I wait to read reviews and such before pulling the
trigger. I'm a little surprised by this poll to be honest, I feel you guys do a bang up job. =D>

murphy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by murphy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:24 am

Finnz922 wrote:There are a lot of sites that can give me quick reviews and initial thoughts but I keep coming back to this one. Don't change a thing.
Ditto on that

Backbay
Angler
Angler

Post by Backbay » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:41 am

I appreciate the tests as they are, but it might be interesting to have a "first glance/first impression" preview to enhance the timeliness of your tests, and also, it would be fun to know in advance what you guys are working on.
Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Bass Junkie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bass Junkie » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:57 am

murphy wrote:
Finnz922 wrote:There are a lot of sites that can give me quick reviews and initial thoughts but I keep coming back to this one. Don't change a thing.
Ditto on that
X3

I love this place, and use your reviews for a lot of my purchasing. I have never been disappointed =D>

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 am

Hope people aren't complaining! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

EJP1234
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by EJP1234 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:31 am

I like the reviews, and the number one reason I like your reviews because it seems you call it like it is. I've seen you say it's to expensive for what it is.... Or for instance the new Calcutta review, to me seem'd less then favorable and almost like you were making fun of the Shimano company for the way the made access to the spool pins almost impossible for on the water adjustments, which is honesty. To often you read reviews on the net by someone who endorses such company because they get free gear and it's always so biased you can sense the lack of education almost immediately.

However, with that being said.... And the popularity of buying used tackle due to some's budget's; I would like to see a review of product after lets say 3-4yrs of use and abuse that the "real" fisherman put on products... In other words, the alpha 103 continues to be an impressive machine with proper maintenance, however the cool chameleon paint job has really worn off much quicker than a reel of this price range should do with normal reel rash, etc etc etc....

Same with baits, though the site is more of an enthusist site.... how about some write ups on standard commercial baits like lets say Bandits..... Or even an article talking about the newer runs of 110's where the bill's are constantly breaking... I dunno..

I've been a reader and participant here for years. It's a good site, and I think all around good reviews. Aagain, I like the fact that you don't seem to put much bias thoughts in the mix, it's what keeps it real.

mitchct
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mitchct » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:46 am

brokeneye wrote:if it ain't broke...
Agreed, although I do also appreciate the quick "heads up" sort of articles and previews. Even if you have just held the product at a show or something I like to have the first impressions. A lot of the gear TT reviews I can not get at my local tackle shops so the only way I can form my own impression is to buy it or search the boards to see what others say. Having your opinion is helpful, even if it's not yet battle tested. Don't stop doing the full reviews, though, those I really like to have.

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:49 am

damian_megabass wrote:Hope people aren't complaining! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
People are provideing feedback as requested. If they did not want to know they would not have asked!!!!