STAY AWAY FROM BASSTACKLEDEPOT

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
speckdog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

STAY AWAY FROM BASSTACKLEDEPOT

Post by speckdog » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I place an order for a rod on 12/17/12 with the owner Mark, he told me the rod was out of stock and would ship in a week. After 10 phone calls getting the round around I decided to ask when should I expect the rod, the employee said I can not tell you when the rod will be in, I said Ok is there anyone up there that could tell me and the employee said no there is no one up here can tell you and the employee hung the phone up on me. Wow I have ordered rod and reels from here to Japan and have never been treated that badly. Also during the earlier phone call one employee told me my rod did come in and was not shipped because of a flaw on the rod. Bottom line is stay away from BASSTACKLEDEPOT.COM that cannot be trusted.

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: STAY AWAY FROM BASSTACKLEDEPOT

Post by steve1206 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:26 pm

You must be really mad if you signed up for this site, just to say all of that on your first post. I will say that sucks if its 100% true. I will say that I have put in many orders with BTD and had zero issues.

Toadslayer72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Toadslayer72 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:34 pm

I've had a 50/50 experience with them, one good, one bad, and even the bad experience probably would have been taken care of if I had handled it differently. That being said, I'm a little hesitant now.

The OP is a little suspect too but whatever, this is the internet.

speckdog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by speckdog » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:44 pm

First of all I live in Louisiana and I have been reading this site for a long time and have no motive just stating what happen to me with Basstackledepot. I was simply trying to get a status of a order that was late to me no more no less and the employee had 0 answers on when they would get the rod and then hung up on me. And of course I am unhappy with that type of service I think you would be to. The sad thing is that if he would just Tried to find out something I would have keep the order.

DUZBASS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DUZBASS » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:10 pm

troliin', trollin', trollin', keep those doggies trollin'

=;

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:16 pm

wow and they call me angry!!!! Moving from frustrated experience to explosion quickly.... :P

speckdog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by speckdog » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:22 pm

I was taking advantage of the Loomis 25% off old price sale on the NRX, and I am disappointed that they did'nt handle me or my order right. Would you like to tell me what I am trolling for??

Toadslayer72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Toadslayer72 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm a nice guy speckdog and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but understand it looks suspicious when new people on any forum come on and flame something with their fist post. If you prove to be a regular active poster then cool, if not then that's cool too. So welcome.

What are your plans now? Are you going to pay in full elsewhere or just hold out for a deal? Funny thing, I would have ordered from BTD recently because they had a real good sale on Dobyns rods with a free hoody to boot. Only problem is that I had just got a 795 from TWH for $50 off on Black Friday. BTD would have been cheaper plus the hoody but that's how it goes I guess.

I'm a member of Swimbait Nation and I feel like I should order from BTD more but I get most of my stuff from TWH provided they have what I'm looking for when I need it.

KCL655321
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KCL655321 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Just made my second BTD order. First order I got a 764C Max on clearance for $130, but they mislabeled it & didn't have it in stock, so they switched it out for an Endurance 723C for the same price. Just ordered some Shooter & paddletails on the 1st, still waiting for shipping notification, but I'm sure they'll get it out soon, always hit & miss when ordering around the new year on how fast things get shipped out.
Last edited by KCL655321 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

speckdog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by speckdog » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Thanks Toadslayer, It was not my intention to cause a fire storm with my post. I guess after ordering the majority of my rods and reels online I never had a bad experience until this one. As far as the rod it was a NRX 803C Blue it would have been my third NRX, may go with the new GLX 803 instead.

SC Bassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SC Bassin » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:33 pm

I just made my 2nd purchase from them on Jan 1. Just a couple of spools of Sunline shooter & a couple of Frogs. I was notified today it has been shipped. My first order was a shimano reel which I recieved in about a week so I'm good, no problems with them.

GARRIGA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GARRIGA » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:35 pm

I've purchased quite a few Swimbait related items including an 806 rod with zero issues. Not dismissing what happened to you but it is the holidays and hectic for both buyers and sellers. Considering you got 25% off it may have been better to wait it out while they resolved the issue versus doing this. Not saying this didn't happen but not sure what you expect to resolve other than venting and possibly putting out a bad first impression. Honestly, I haven't heard other bad experiences so this may just be a one off and could be one of those where both parties contributed to the mess. I'd suggest calling Mark one more time for a resolution but not sure how flexible they are going to be after this thread. Please don't take this as an attack on you but these types of posts rarely provide the closure or resolution the OP was hoping for.

speckdog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by speckdog » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Wow you are asking me to call Mark back and resolve this, I made 10 phone calls and was very patient on every call.
I am confused why should I call them back again, by hanging up in my face today closed the door on any resolution in this
matter. I tried to find the status of an order that was way behind. And as far as anyone doubting the story I could care less. I have purchased fishing equipment from all over the planet and have never been treated this poorly, one other note the only time I talked to Mark was the first call to place the order. All other conversations where with employees. I have nothing to gain in this post, just thought I would keep someone else from making the same mistake I did. The most laughable quote you gave me was u were not sure how flexible they would be with me after this thread, are u kidding me LOL I am the one that was mistreated in the matter not them.

capt1fish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by capt1fish » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 am

speckdog wrote: Bottom line is stay away from BASSTACKLEDEPOT.COM that cannot be trusted.
Sorry to hear about your experience. Spend your hard earned money where it's appreciated.

I would suggest taking advantage of TW price matching. I've done it on a few occasions with sales from BTD and BPS. TW inventory and speedy shipping just can't be matched anywhere.

Good luck in the future.

SWH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SWH » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:06 am

So if I find an item on sale at any given store TW will match it? I thought this only applied to none-sale items.