Best value and option life jacket

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Best value and option life jacket

Post by angry john » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:02 am

q1w2e3_89 wrote:http://www.evergreen-fishing.com/goods_ ... 601_2.html

IMO flotation belts are the best. They don't obstruct your range of motion and you don't even notice you have them on.
Best as freedom of movement may be a good case, but what happens when you need the flotation to keep you alive after being ejected from a boat. I can't see how this type of life jacket would do anything to keep you from drowning in a loss of conciousness.

BigJim
Angler
Angler

Post by BigJim » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:08 am

Look at paddle vests for kayak fishing. I have an Extrasport Striper that's comfortable enough to wear all day and doesn't restrict arm motion at all.

Silas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Silas » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:21 pm

angry john wrote:http://www.mustangsurvival.com/recreati ... country=25
This seems to be the best option for on the water saftey, with the inportant options. There are jackets with more frills i guess, but not better. Does anyone use this vest?
I appreciate the link! After looking at all the Auto inflatables at Bass Pro, I decided that this one was indeed, what I needed. I'm a little older, and chances are I'll fall out of the boat when I'm moving around in it. So I need one on ALL the time.

So.....looked around and found the Mustang H.I.T Technology just what I needed in rainy, super-humid South Louisiana.

At $205, it seemed a deal!! (didn't buy it at BPS) Waiting for it now.

Thanks!

jeb
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jeb » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:13 am

Where did you find the HIT model for that price? If you don't want to post it, please PM the info to me. I'd be interested in picking up another one.

Shim_Dai_Ano_Wa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Shim_Dai_Ano_Wa » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 am

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:01 am

Shim_Dai_Ano_Wa wrote:Image
way too hot for summer use....i keep my HIT vest on 100% of the time on the water. The neoprene neck material and lightweight vest is perfect for any use.

Shim_Dai_Ano_Wa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Shim_Dai_Ano_Wa » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:34 pm

jeb
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jeb » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:02 pm

jeb wrote:Where did you find the HIT model for that price? If you don't want to post it, please PM the info to me. I'd be interested in picking up another one.
Never mind. The Mustang display at the Bass Master Classic is selling the HIT vest for $179.99! So I bought one today. The wife picked up one of their new MIT vests, too, which was also deeply discounted. This was an unexpected spetacular deal at the show.

Silas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Silas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:38 am

Jeb,

Sorry I didn't get back to you on the vest. Lots of storms the past day or so in South La. and internet spotty.

LFS Marine and Outdoor had them for $205.

I'm glad you found the deal at BPS!! It's 25 miles from me, and with tax and gas, it worked out about the same.

And, I probably saved ANOTHER $100 by just walking in Bass Pro!! (LOL!)

Was saving my money to buy a couple of Steez's for about $300 each. They are now on their way!

Now if I fall out of the boat with a new Steez in my hand, my H.I.T inflatable will hold me up with the reel in my hand and save BOTH of us!!