Tackle Storage Revisited

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
ztcsmd
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Tackle Storage Revisited

Post by ztcsmd » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:30 pm

I just received the Pro Locker Rod Bag I bought at TW, I loaded it with 8 combos that had Rod Gloves and Reel Gloves with the baits tied on and wrapped with lure wraps -- ready to fish!! My longest rods are 7' the bag is 7'-6". This is a really nice item that I would highly recommend that makes it easy to transport your gear and also provides protection--no tangled mess, bent eyes or rod dings for me anymore. http://www.prolockeroutdoors.com/ There are a couple of Utube videos on this and TW has one on their site also. Great product and a small price to pay considering the cost of rods and reels nowdays.

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:11 pm

I also do this because I find the FTO boxes are not great for everything. I do need a better solution for some larger and deep diving cranks but this seems to be OK for now.

BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BlaineFred » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:03 am

I fish tournaments back-of-the-boat, and I use a large Falcon V12 bag that I fill with Falcon FTO boxes or 3600 boxes.

It works great. It's a great bag, and even has a rain cover just in case.

Too bad the V12 is no longer produced. I read where the FTO's are also out of production. My V12 is still very usable, but for future planning I sometimes look at other tackle bags. I checked a Cabela's Super Magnum bag but it's made to take 12 of the 3700 boxes. I don't use the 3700 size, so I lost interest.

For storing Senkos. plastic worms, etc., I find that the best bag is a freebie bag that I got for subscribing to Outdoor Life. I can probably get 20 full plastic bags in there. There's two Plano worm bags (one is a KVD) that claim to hold 20 bags, but I have my doubts just like some others expressed doubts in another thread.

Another opition for storing Senko and worm bags is the freebie bag that you get from BASS for joining and subscribing to Bassmaster magazine. The BASS bags can store 10-12 Senko or worm bags.

For spinner bait storage, I use the Bass Pro "Extreme Binder Bags" ...the little blue bags with the sandwich-type bags inside. I can store a lot of spinner baits in one bag. I can double up by placing two spinner baits in each sandwich bag. AND the Binder Bag goes into the Falcon V12 bag.

I tried the special FTO boxes for spinner baits and jigs, but they are not as convenient, and the lures can come loose in the box creating messes.

For local pond fishing, I use a much smaller Falcon bag with the smaller FTO boxes.

Mags00
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mags00 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:24 pm

My girlfriend got me a G-Loomis tackle bag a few Christmases ago that's my main bag and I carry around a Jan sport backpack with mini boxes and can put up to 4 3700 style boxes in it for any type of situation whether it's river/lake/stream or live bait or artificial.

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Sat May 04, 2013 1:13 pm

I'm similar to BlaineFred, I have both Falcon V12 and V6 bags, and probably around 40 various original FTO boxes - obviously don't carry all at once :). I almost converted to the 36/3700 boxes last year, but just have so much invested in the FTO system, not to mention I just picked up about 15 boxes from a guy late last year in the swap shop. At some point I'm sure i'll upgrade as boat storage systems require it, but for now I'm sticking with the FTO.

Shim_Dai_Ano_Wa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Shim_Dai_Ano_Wa » Sat May 04, 2013 6:48 pm

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Sat May 04, 2013 11:21 pm

Shim_Dai_Ano_Wa wrote:Image
Which boxes are these?

MondayMonkey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MondayMonkey » Sun May 05, 2013 2:37 am

SPAZ wrote:
Shim_Dai_Ano_Wa wrote:Image
Which boxes are these?
Ohh ya inquiring minds want to know

Shim_Dai_Ano_Wa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Shim_Dai_Ano_Wa » Fri May 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Sorry for the late reply, been busy with work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jerkbait-Utilit ... 27d2ee5f3b