Boomerang line cutter

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
jcat
Angler
Angler

Boomerang line cutter

Post by jcat » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:01 pm

I have one of these based on tackle tour reviews and comments. Cuts braid incredibly well. Of course I just started using it. Does anyone have an idea how long it will stay sharp, and is it just a throw away after it becomes dull ? Thanks

Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Boomerang line cutter

Post by Zman » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:51 am

I've had a few since they first started selling online. I also have a new one from last year and have given a few away as gifts over the last 2 years. I can't tell the difference in performance in my newest version compared to the original. So to me, they're as good out of the package as they are after several years of use. But I have kept mine dry and protected in tackle bags so it gets little abuse.

The light / battery still works on the original as well, but I hardly ever use the light.

EJP1234
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by EJP1234 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:06 am

I just bought a new one to replace the original one I have had for about 3yrs. The original still works fine, but was becoming dull, but I was obviously impressed enough with it to buy a new one. I put the old one on my fishing bench in the man cave. You won't be dissappointed in the tool, very good design.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:06 am

I've used mine for two years, and while it has dulled some, it still cuts braid just fine. I keep mine on a lanyard around my neck at all times while on the water. Everyone I fish with has been so impressed with it, being such a nice guy I bought them each one.

grantman83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by grantman83 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:44 pm

I was looking into getting into one of these so reading this is helping me immensely

dqphysics
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by dqphysics » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Have mine for a year and cuts like new. Great tool.

ztcsmd
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ztcsmd » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:44 pm

Got mine about a month ago -- amazing tool! I will buy more because I have found from past experience that when you find something that is good you had better buy a minimum of at least 2 because 3-5 years down the road when the product is no longer available you will be kicking youself in the butt saying "Gee, I wish I would have bought another one of those".

Fbass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fbass » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:53 pm

ztcsmd wrote:Got mine about a month ago -- amazing tool! I will buy more because I have found from past experience that when you find something that is good you had better buy a minimum of at least 2 because 3-5 years down the road when the product is no longer available you will be kicking youself in the butt saying "Gee, I wish I would have bought another one of those".
So true, or they might come up with a "new and improved" which usually suck!

I have been using mine for about a year, works great and always where it's supposed to, which helps a lot!

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redfish » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:43 pm

I love mine. It has seen about a year of varying types of lines and fishing conditions and it appears to work as well as when it was new.

tacklejunkiejake
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tacklejunkiejake » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:59 pm

Best line cutter i have ever used i have had mine for at least two years and is still sharp. Everyone that has used mine has bought one. Great product.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Built like a tank and works extremely well. If it had a butane lighter on the other end (to cauterize the tag end of braid) it would be perfect.
Someone mentioned about buying several and stashing them away. I agree. New & Improved usually means the bean counters have cheapened it down to crap.

btune
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by btune » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:02 am

We had to get two. One for me, one for wife who usually fishes with me. They work great especially on braid. Oh add a small clip to the split ring and you can easily snap it on a belt loop. I got the small size rope clips that have a spring loaded gate built in.