Something To Carry My Reels In?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
GRH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Something To Carry My Reels In?

Post by GRH » Tue May 07, 2013 5:12 am

I'm looking for something to carry my Stradic 3000 FJ and Monarch 200E in when not on the rod. I kinda like the Shimano gray cloth bag that came with the reels except the drawstring doesn't have a cord-lock. Any ideas? Are there any padded carry bags designed specifically to carry two reels?

I searched the BPS website but didn't see anything interesting, for some strange reason only fly reels have nice accessory bags/pouches.

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Something To Carry My Reels In?

Post by lpquick » Tue May 07, 2013 6:33 am

I would look into canvas type heavy foam padded bags which lock up, used mostly for handguns.

austin15
Angler
Angler

Post by austin15 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:44 am

Have you looked at the Plano protector? It may be a little big for just two reels, but I saw them at BPS last week and thought about getting one for my reels.
http://www.basspro.com/Plano-Protector- ... 405324552/

Imavol
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Imavol » Tue May 07, 2013 6:49 am

Look at pistol cases I am sure you can find something that will work.

GRH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GRH » Tue May 07, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks for the suggestions.

I forgot about having a few extra camera cases. I think that may be the best solution, as they have adjustable dividers in the main compartment that seem to work well.

Jayce
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jayce » Tue May 07, 2013 12:34 pm

GRH wrote:Thanks for the suggestions.

I forgot about having a few extra camera cases. I think that may be the best solution, as they have adjustable dividers in the main compartment that seem to work well.
I was going to suggest that :lol:

I asked a local tailor shop to DIY me a few extra dividers with velcros to fit 3 reels in the old camera bag.

Seph
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Seph » Thu May 09, 2013 12:40 am

Here is the same 'pistol' case from Plano mentioned earlier on the Basspro website. However, this one has has pick out foam so you can customize your storage sizes.
Cabela's Link

GRH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GRH » Fri May 10, 2013 11:57 am

Seph wrote:Here is the same 'pistol' case from Plano mentioned earlier on the Basspro website. However, this one has has pick out foam so you can customize your storage sizes.
Cabela's Link
Seph,

Thanks for the link. I decided not to go with the pistol/reel hard case because of concern with my Stradic's "bail" getting bent.

ztcsmd
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ztcsmd » Fri May 10, 2013 10:05 pm

If you want something virtually indestructible try http://www.pelican-case.com/ these are used heavily by the military and are 100% water proof and you cut the foam to fit your application.
For soft sided cases look at http://www.fishpondusa.com/sweetwater.cfm these are made mostly for fly fishing reels but can be configured for bait and spinning reels also.

I personally prefer the pelican and use them for reels, binoculars, pistols, field ammo cases for dove hunting (remove the foam)...get the proper size and there are no worries about damaging whatever you put in them. The foam is soft and easy to form to your item. I have some that are close to 20 years old and still like brand new.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Fri May 10, 2013 11:59 pm

May be out of your range but shimano makes a very cool reel carrier. I'm able to fit 8 casting reels on it or 3 spinning 4 casting. Keeps them protected and safe.