What are you going to do

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

What are you going to do

Post by goldrod » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:31 pm

When recreational fishing is banned?
Just a thought, a scary one but how far from it are we?

kingkong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: What are you going to do

Post by kingkong » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:24 pm

What? Is this really happening?

vinnieb729
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by vinnieb729 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:13 pm

Then I'll be an outlaw, armed with 3 piece travel rods hidden under my trench coat.

I'll storm the banks of the off limit waters.

When the Gestapo arrives to "give me some candy" I'll run...only to die tired.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:52 am

I live in Alabama it ain't going to happen! :lol:

MondayMonkey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MondayMonkey » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:04 am

Is anywhere even remotely close to considering this lol. Is anyone even advocating anywhere that it needs to happen :lol:

kingkong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kingkong » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:42 am

Did a little research about this topic this morning. Rumors started 3 years ago and doesn't sound serious. I don't think this will happen.

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:36 am

Like an obedient "subject" , I'll do this.
Sega Bass Fishing.jpg
Sega Bass Fishing.jpg (12.62 KiB) Viewed 8420 times
Unless, of course, it's classified as a violent video game. :lol:

Then naturally this one:
logo_tipping_point.png.jpg
logo_tipping_point.png.jpg (19.14 KiB) Viewed 8420 times
Your mission: Solve the crisis. But, like life, it won’t be easy. You’ll have to work through natural disasters, foreign diplomacy, clandestine operations, technological breakthroughs, and somehow satisfy the food and energy needs of a growing world population. Will you help the planet or become an agent of destruction?

:lol:

kingkong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kingkong » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:21 am

^^^ :lol: i like the respond.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:52 pm

It is seriously getting that way in Australia. With environmental groups such as pew pushing the government real hard for lockouts.

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:53 am

BARRAMANIAC wrote:It is seriously getting that way in Australia. With environmental groups such as pew pushing the government real hard for lockouts.
That's sad to hear. I always considered Australia as having some sanity left in it's governing body (and my escape plan). :lol:

Maybe New Zealand or Tasmania :-k :laugh1:

brwn_bggr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by brwn_bggr » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:48 am

Fish are friends,not food or sport...surely you wouldn't shove a hook in their face......
......would you...???
... :lol: :lol: :lol:

brwn_bggr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by brwn_bggr » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:56 am

I'm sorry...the lines blur between gun control and fish control...so much so,it becomes indistinguishable as to who,wants to control what,for how long,where they want it controlled,,,and of course,to what extent...never mind,it's okay,we have rights... :roll:

Fbass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fbass » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:14 am

Fishing is never going to be banned. That's just too big a piece to chew at at once even for the most extreme animal right activist. But they can take small bites here and there and make it so damned impossible to follow the regulation that people will give up fishing. They can ban lead, ban soft baits because it poisons to water. Doesn't every body want clean water? Then they can outlaw catch and release like in Swiss lakes or in Germany. So yes the threat is real.
These people want to build a new world where hurting animals is considered a crime. Heck I've even seen some who opposes eating honey. It's bees' slavery you see. Not realizing that without bees there wouldn't be anymore of their lovely vegetables to eat. Then again common sense is not their strongest suit.

basskeeter1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by basskeeter1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:49 am

USA-RET wrote:Like an obedient "subject" , I'll do this.
Sega Bass Fishing.jpg
Unless, of course, it's classified as a violent video game. :lol:

Then naturally this one:
logo_tipping_point.png.jpg
Your mission: Solve the crisis. But, like life, it won’t be easy. You’ll have to work through natural disasters, foreign diplomacy, clandestine operations, technological breakthroughs, and somehow satisfy the food and energy needs of a growing world population. Will you help the planet or become an agent of destruction?

:lol:
X2

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:39 am

Fbass wrote:Fishing is never going to be banned. That's just too big a piece to chew at at once even for the most extreme animal right activist. But they can take small bites here and there and make it so damned impossible to follow the regulation that people will give up fishing. They can ban lead, ban soft baits because it poisons to water. Doesn't every body want clean water? Then they can outlaw catch and release like in Swiss lakes or in Germany. So yes the threat is real.
These people want to build a new world where hurting animals is considered a crime. Heck I've even seen some who opposes eating honey. It's bees' slavery you see. Not realizing that without bees there wouldn't be anymore of their lovely vegetables to eat. Then again common sense is not their strongest suit.
X2

Most of the people complaining, have really nothing to do and live depending on the government or on their rich parents.
Moreover, they complain because they don't know how to do other things like working.
Additionally, most of the time, they are not able to reason their claims but because the people in the governments are also not the most educated and worry more about noise than about facts, we end up with stupid decisions. :-k

And this also leads to commercial interest. For instance, in lake Leman in Switzerland, for the past 5 years the authorities have promoted the pike fishing and killing even when they were spawning.
The reason behind this was that the pike eat the trouts and like this, professional fisherman have less trouts to catch.
No one asked about the effects of removing the predators from an ecosystem? And about the massive pollution and the frequent dead fish that appear floating? :-k

Interestingly, you don't see the activist complaining about this! Maybe they are enjoying the summer and the cold beers. :-#