Shipping from Japan

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
tim3716
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Shipping from Japan

Post by tim3716 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:06 am

What kind of customs fee do you need to pay when buying a reel that is in Japan? I want to order a Excence BB from ebay and the seller said that the price doesnt include custom fee that I have to pay. It will really help me out if someone could tell me if there is a customs fee and if there is, how much it is. The Excence BB 3000M is basically $170 on ebay.

vinnieb729
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Shipping from Japan

Post by vinnieb729 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:44 am

I've never paid a customs fee for a reel or anything else that shipped EMS. EMS shipping is usually $15-20 for a reel and you should get it in about a week or less.

I read here that rods get dinged with customs fees more often than not shipped UPS/Fed Ex.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:06 am

Never paid any custom fees.
The seller maybe had experience with buyers from other countries. Some countries charge it on any purchase.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:18 pm

Just had zpi knobs shipped from japan, no custom fees and they arrived in about a week and a half. Only thing ive noticed when ordering over seas, typically you have to sign for it. So make sure your there or just pick it up as the post office the next day.

I have an aldebaran bfs coming right now from japan, shipped ems, very excited for this one :big grin: