Visited The Hook Up Tackle shop today

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Visited The Hook Up Tackle shop today

Post by njbasscat » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:01 am

I'm an east coast guy from NJ and I'm visiting my in laws in Peoria, AZ. I looked up THUT and saw that it was about 15 minutes from where I am staying. I took a drive over there after visiting Cabelas and must say that it was like walking into enthusiast paradise. I was actually able to hold a bunch of MB and Expride rods. Their selection is great and the staff are very nice. We have nothing like this in the North East. I can't imagine how much I would spend if I lived close.
Last edited by njbasscat on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a1712
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Visited The Hook Up Tackle shop today

Post by a1712 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:31 am

Good deal, bet that was fun. I'm with you, thank God there's nothing close to me either. Brian.

lzeil
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lzeil » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Yea, its expensive living 10 mins away, I have bought all my Megabass rods from there. Great selection (you see that huge wall of Lucky Craft lures, wow) and great customer service. When I was there last week, Kyle mentioned they will be getting the new Orochi XX rods soon, cant wait to see the Diablo Spec R.

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redfish » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:03 am

I would be in trouble also if I lived that close!

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:15 pm

Redfish wrote:I would be in trouble also if I lived that close!
x2

I have a cabelas about a hour away, and now another one is being built that is about 20 mins away.

I know cabelas is not really the same as the hook up or tackle warehouse, but I still blow more money then I should LOL

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:01 am

njbasscat wrote:I'm an east coast guy from NJ and I'm visiting my in laws in Peoria, AZ. I looked up THUT and saw that it was about 15 minutes from where I am staying. I took a drive over there after visiting Cabelas and must say that it was like walking into enthusiast paradise. I was actually able to hold a bunch of MB and Expride rods. Their selection is great and the staff are very nice. We have nothing like this in the North East. I can't imagine how much I would spend if I lived close.
Us NJ guys don't have many good tackle shops up by us... so that must have been a reel treat for you! This is why i always end up ordering tackle online. They just opened up a Dicks by my house, thats about the best I have by me lol

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:29 am

Hook Up is a great shop with a great staff. I just spent some time with them in November and took them out fishing. They also have a great selection of the Decoy hooks that I like ;)

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:16 am

Crazy how much more presence/advertisement BPS and Cabelas has on TV, radio, etc.

Colorado location BPS and Cabelas stores are rather pathetic for overall for nicer equipment & tackle...hence why nearly 100% of my purchases are made online.

Wish there was one closer to me as well... :big grin:

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:48 am

Id love to have a shop like that locally, especially for rods. Hate buying them online without getting my hands on it first... :x

falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by falcon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:52 am

Everything around chicago is a joke. I'd be in heaven to have a local tackle shop like TW or THUT and many others.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:13 am

Another solid shop in AZ is Basstacklemaster.com at Lake Havasu. It is packed wall to wall with stuff. I'm sure the Elites will all be hanging out there this May. If any of you are ever in SoCal, Last Chance Bait and Tackle in Hemet is probably the best shop in the country for lures. It has glass cases full of exotic swimbaits and Megabass rods. Angler's Marine in Anaheim or San Diego are the largest boat dealers in the west and they each have an amazing tackle section of stuff that you don't see a lot of places. You can purchase from all of these online and they all make Bass Pro look like the generic bargain bin that it is.