how do you get around TW not having a wishlist?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

how do you get around TW not having a wishlist?

Post by 21farms » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:33 am

this question is just for fun. since tacklewarehouse doesn't have a wishlist or a "save for later" feature and because your shopping cart is automatically emptied if you don't visit the site for a couple of days, how do you keep track of what you want to buy next?

for me, i used to type the items i wanted into a spreadsheet. later, i started to just print out my cart on paper. i then moved to saving my cart as a PDF and emailing it to gmail account. my current solution is my favorite: i installed the "save to google drive"-extension in google chrome...all i have to do now is click on the button and it saves a snapshot of my shopping cart to google drive and access it from anywhere.
Last edited by 21farms on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: how do you get around TW not having a wishlist?

Post by igl00jx » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:35 am

I've been taking screenshots of my cart when coming up with my wishlist. Screenshot, paste into an email and sending to myself.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:14 am

Copy and paste it into Word. Quick and easy!

btune
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by btune » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:36 am

I have a pen and paper and often list interesting items for future reference. I can then go back and compare to select the most suitable stuff. I also compare prices with other suppliers. I find TW very hard to beat!

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:08 am

I just buy it all in 1 shot if i can lol

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:58 am

I save the image into a folder on my work computer. That way the wife can't see it :lol:

vinnieb729
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by vinnieb729 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:11 pm

I ahh...I ahh...hmm...oh yeah!...I just remember it :^o

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:51 pm

Im old school, pen & paper :)

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:36 pm

Iphone notes

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:48 am

21farms wrote:this question is just for fun. since tacklewarehouse doesn't have a wishlist or a "save for later" feature and because your shopping cart is automatically emptied if you don't visit the site for a couple of days, how do you keep track of what you want to buy next?
My default is to just order two of everything. :mrgreen: :lol:

Actually, as Cracker said, iphone notes seems to keep my relatively "on task," so that only a "few" other items not on my list finds its way into the cart. :^o

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:50 am

JerryC wrote:I just buy it all in 1 shot if i can lol
i place about a dozen orders with TW a year. i like to aggregate my orders so that i: 1) get over $50 to qualify for free shipping, 2) get over $150 to qualify for a free t-shirt, or 3) wait for a sale. it really bugs me that i can't just visit their website, see something i want and add it to the cart and have it stay in there until i'm ready to place the order. i love TW but they just don't seem to "get it". on their message board, people repeatedly ask them to implement a wishlist feature and they always respond with "we're thinking about it" or "we're working on it". sure, awhile ago, they extended the time items stay in shopping carts from a few hours to a few days before they're deleted but that is still not long enough and frustrating. with most other retailers, items i put in my cart stay there indefinitely until i remove them. it is beyond comprehension to me why TW likes to empty shopping carts so much ](*,)

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:42 am

21farms wrote:
JerryC wrote:I just buy it all in 1 shot if i can lol
i place about a dozen orders with TW a year. i like to aggregate my orders so that i: 1) get over $50 to qualify for free shipping, 2) get over $150 to qualify for a free t-shirt, or 3) wait for a sale. it really bugs me that i can't just visit their website, see something i want and add it to the cart and have it stay in there until i'm ready to place the order. i love TW but they just don't seem to "get it". on their message board, people repeatedly ask them to implement a wishlist feature and they always respond with "we're thinking about it" or "we're working on it". sure, awhile ago, they extended the time items stay in shopping carts from a few hours to a few days before they're deleted but that is still not long enough and frustrating. with most other retailers, items i put in my cart stay there indefinitely until i remove them. it is beyond comprehension to me why TW likes to empty shopping carts so much ](*,)
Its a great idea, they need to get on it. Your proved the point why, maybe thats why they are draggin there feet on this?

bemo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bemo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:37 am

TW seems to be a victim of their own success. Lots of service complaints on a recent thread as well as this and other user experience issues. My sense is that the owners have a few options - Cash out now (we all lose here) or stay long term and get focused on building a company that is strategic, long term, spectacular, and customer focused.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:21 pm

The lack of a wish list feature costs them thousands of dollars a year I'm sure. I know I constantly forget things I was going to buy and don't bother to go looking for again when I finally get around to making an order...

DaveJ

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:57 pm

I suggested they offer one years ago. Fell on deaf ears. Great idea so guys can load a card and wife can pay for it a Xmas and you get what you want rather than a "go to hell" fishing hat and an Ugly Stick. :D