Falcon FTO V4 Tackle Bag

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Phantasy_Fishing
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Falcon FTO V4 Tackle Bag

Post by Phantasy_Fishing » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:31 am

I Bought my Falcon FTO V4 tackle bag back in 2009. It is a great tackle bag for shore fishing when you don't want to lug around a big heavy bag. Plus, it has the best shoulder strap of any tackle bag I have ever used. The shoulder strap is heavily padded and ergonomically designed. Since then and up to this year, I have been trying to replace it with the same bag. After years of searching with no luck I gave up. That's when I found out Falcon FTO tackle bags have been discontinued since Plano bought out Falcon. So I gave up hope. My Falcon FTO V4 tackle bag has started to show signs of wear after seven long years of use. So around Christmas I was randomly searching for fishing tackle bags but none really caught my eye. Just for kicks, I typed in Falcon FTO tackle bags in the search function thinking it would return no results. To my surprise, the Falcon FTO V4 tackle bag was available on ebay. I don't know how this seller got a hold of so many of them. Maybe he had a stockpile saved somewhere. So I bought two of them and they arrived before Christmas. It is the SAME tackle bag! So if you are a fan of these Falcon FTO V4 tackle bags, snatch one up before they are gone forever! The seller's measurements of the tackle bag are on the small side. Its closer to: L 11" x W 10" x 7 H

This tackle bag will fit 4 Plano 3500 tackle boxes stacked on top of each other in the main compartment. It would probably fit 6 Plano 3500 tackle boxes with 4 tackle boxes stacked on top of each other, with 2 tackle boxes on the side. However it might be a tight fit. The main compartment is square shaped, so I usually have the 4 tackle boxes stacked on one side with the remaining space to carry a drink and snacks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Falcon-FTO-V4-S ... SwDNdVyPH5

nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Falcon FTO V4 Tackle Bag

Post by nctrucker » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:49 pm

thanks. grabbed one!

nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nctrucker » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:54 am

should have read more carefully! this is a high quality, small bag. hoping to put a bunch of boxes in it. may end up getting some 3500 boxes and filling it up for a granddaughter to go treeing-I mean fishing! ebay description is accurate for the main compartment :Main compartment dimensions: 8.75"l x 8.5"w x 6.5"h. overall dimensions with side pockets are about : L 11" x W 10" x 7 H. no way is a 3600 box going in bag except on end.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:42 am

I'll probably grab one for the kayak. I prefer small bags, and this has the hard shell bottom which I love. It's tough to find the smallest bags with a hard bottom.