Throw in the Towel

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Throw in the Towel

Post by goldrod » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:12 am

any projects that you've just thrown in the towel on without finishing?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Throw in the Towel

Post by ogrich31 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:26 pm

All the time :lol:

Well... More like put on hold until I find an interest in them again but I have unfinished rods, bare blanks, blanks with handles on them and reels that are completely taken apart. I haven't touched some of those stuff in over a year. Same with my venture into building swimbaits.. I have an air brush that I have never used, a bunch of swimbait molds that I never finished, ect.

And that's just fishing.. Lol

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:31 am

I always find the motivation to finish fishing related projects. Many household projects don't get finished completely. They are not nearly as fun.

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:26 am

I would LOVE to finish my TD-Z reel project but the frame's been 2 months at the painter's and still not shipped back yet.

nctrucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nctrucker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:17 am

ogrich31 wrote:All the time :lol:

Well... More like put on hold until I find an interest in them again but I have unfinished rods, bare blanks, blanks with handles on them and reels that are completely taken apart. I haven't touched some of those stuff in over a year. Same with my venture into building swimbaits.. I have an air brush that I have never used, a bunch of swimbait molds that I never finished, ect.

And that's just fishing.. Lol
same as ogrich31 except it was spinnerbaits,. not swimbaits. rod building is an addiction! i do have multiple blanks in varying stages on in-completion(thanks, spellchecker!) for about any freshwater app except muskie. i, too , have an airbrush that's never been used. then there's the knife blanks, rivets, handles. 20 some pounds of lead, melting pot, hooks, wire forms, skirts, rings, blades, etc. then there's the $440 dennis stone bamboo blank that is mocking me. someday i'll get'r done.