Making Online Videos

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Making Online Videos

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:17 pm

Does anyone have suggestions for equipment for beginning online videos? I don't really have the best fishing here, so the majority would be equipment breakdowns/reviews, or simple tests. I also only have a laptop right now, so a stronger computer might be necessary. Just any base suggestions of what to buy or how to start would be awesome. I'm 30 and would like to start enjoying things a little more, this would be one way to start. If I can switch jobs/finish school I could free up even more time to film content and really build up.

Thanks for any suggestions or help, price estimates would be awesome too, just a round about area of what equipment costs or what it takes all together to get started.

Cali
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Making Online Videos

Post by Cali » Mon May 20, 2019 9:50 am

GoPro 400$, either boat-mount or chest-mount 15-50$, and your laptop should be fine for starting out.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Tue May 21, 2019 6:44 am

Phones these days are making awesome video. :whistle:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Tue May 21, 2019 2:01 pm

i have no advice for you, but good luck!!

there's a lady out of jonesboro that custom paints cranks & has a pretty vast youtube library that goes by jeckyl baits. you could probably message her thru fb or youtube and she may be some help

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:01 am

there are vast ways to make videos now surprisingly smart phones do pretty good and some of them will shoot 4k video. Ideally you would want a camera that would shoot 1080 p - 4k and that will give you great looking footage. and if you do any talking a good microphone to go with the camera will be needed for audio. Rhode makes a decent camera mic that is reasonably priced. If you follow any of the youtubers for example blacktiph mostly a saltwater channel but under the video description he will link his camera set up for filming a long with the editing software, drone, or whatever was used to film that episode. Go pros are good for the fishing part especially just watch some tutorials about the settings in order to yield the best results and if your doing a pov video in 4k the battery is going to last 30 minutes so extra batteries are needed. go pro also can be synced to your phone to control the camera and adjust settings among other things.

toporanger
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by toporanger » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:10 am

tactical bassin has some good advice on cameras etc in the boat https://www.tacticalbassin.com/?tag=GoPro

they do some pretty great videos

borisun
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by borisun » Sat May 30, 2020 9:17 am

What fishing movies can you recommend? I would like to watch more are such movies. What sites do you know for example the https://www.123moviess.gdn/? It will be interesting.

DrTrevorkian
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DrTrevorkian » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:23 am

Personally, I turn off up close GoPro (chest rig, head mount, small boat) videos immediately when I’m perusing the interwebs. Not kidding, immediately. I absolutely cannot stand the fisheye effect those cameras have. I don’t make videos, but my advice from watching them, ahem, quite often, GoPro is not the way.

Just my $.02