Tackle Tour LIVE

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Tackle Tour LIVE

Post by goldrod » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:41 am

Not a social media person here but sometimes when I’m on the water I think about what ifs, and one of the things I thought about was TT/Live.

With like a live reel breakdown or live test on the water?
What do you guys think?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tackle Tour LIVE

Post by poisonokie » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:55 am

Sounds like a great idea! Just need to stock up on the popcorn.
This is the way.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:47 am

I could host the watch this backlash special! Wind here has been fierce (15-25 with gusts over 35). I had two reels blow up on me bad last weekend :lol:

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:12 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:47 am
I could host the watch this backlash special! Wind here has been fierce (15-25 with gusts over 35). I had two reels blow up on me bad last weekend :lol:
It was super windy when I went out Sunday, and I can say that both the NRC001-M (and presumably PG) and Daiwa SV Light spools are both incredible for casting into headwinds and crosswinds and skipping. Like blow your mind that it works at all, not to mention the distance you get incredible. Can't believe ZPI is giving up their spoolcraft to rebrand OEM reels. I'm hoping that since ZPI is a Globeride company Daiwa will take up the manufacture of that type of hyper light, aluminum shafted, fixed inductor spool.
This is the way.

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:35 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:12 pm
Fishing4Fun wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:47 am
It was super windy when I went out Sunday, and I can say that both the NRC001-M (and presumably PG) and Daiwa SV Light spools are both incredible for casting into headwinds and crosswinds and skipping. Like blow your mind that it works at all, not to mention the distance you get incredible. Can't believe ZPI is giving up their spoolcraft to rebrand OEM reels. I'm hoping that since ZPI is a Globeride company Daiwa will take up the manufacture of that type of hyper light, aluminum shafted, fixed inductor spool.
Keep an eye out, Tony, there are deals to be had!

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Sounds like a couple of winners for your spool choices.

Sadly I had a few pixies out with stock spools, 1/8 oz lures and 4 pound line. Add those wind gusts and random change of directions and it was a disaster. One bird nest was so bad I had to make sure the Eagles and hawks weren’t thinking that was their new home.

I would love to see TT live. Maybe an unboxing of a new reel followed by some on the water fishing.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:46 pm

Winstondry wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Keep an eye out, Tony, there are deals to be had!
I won't pass on another one. I totally get why there are guys out there with a dozen on these things now.
This is the way.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:48 pm

poisonokie wrote:

It was super windy when I went out Sunday, and I can say that both the NRC001-M (and presumably PG) and Daiwa SV Light spools are both incredible for casting into headwinds and crosswinds and skipping. Like blow your mind that it works at all, not to mention the distance you get incredible.
I second this motion. When I recieved my first M spool, I loaded it into my IS79 and strapped it on the 6'5 Heartland expecting to use it for short duty. As the day transpired, there was no short duty, just a stiff 15mph wind and the need for long casts. I was blown away by the casting distance going against the grain of the wind. I kept looking down at the near empty spool like it was some super hero. I will give some credit to the short Heartland, it's a load and launcher.

ZPI has come out with an upgraded model, which looks to utilize some of thier spool expertise, but appears to be focused on the short casting game.

The Run and Gun Custom...

https://www.zpi-japan.com/reel/reel2019_RGC.html

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:30 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:48 pm
poisonokie wrote:

It was super windy when I went out Sunday, and I can say that both the NRC001-M (and presumably PG) and Daiwa SV Light spools are both incredible for casting into headwinds and crosswinds and skipping. Like blow your mind that it works at all, not to mention the distance you get incredible.
I second this motion. When I recieved my first M spool, I loaded it into my IS79 and strapped it on the 6'5 Heartland expecting to use it for short duty. As the day transpired, there was no short duty, just a stiff 15mph wind and the need for long casts. I was blown away by the casting distance going against the grain of the wind. I kept looking down at the near empty spool like it was some super hero. I will give some credit to the short Heartland, it's a load and launcher.

ZPI has come out with an upgraded model, which looks to utilize some of thier spool expertise, but appears to be focused on the short casting game.

Too late, I am at my last rod and reel purchases
I just brought my next to last rod five minutes ago. I have four reels with no home and px68 ( Im starting to dig the stock drag star but sill havent casted it) ss sv with 7.9:1 gears, sv light ltd and steez ex 7.9:1 that I have to do something with.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:39 pm

ZPI still wont get any $ out of me for a BPS reel, even if the spool is legit.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:29 am

be sure to post the replay of the live show on youtube.

i end up watching more live flw coverage than bass or mlf because it's on youtube. i don't have cable or sat, only roku. i can watch flw live and not tie my phone up or drain the battery. hopefully mlf won't screw it up next year.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:24 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:48 pm
poisonokie wrote:

I saw the Gen 2 ZPIs and it got the monkey getting restless. It also has me rationalizing too. "Hmmm, the AE74 was a base Abu with ZPI toy add-ons? What's the diff? Right?"

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:54 am

Johnny A wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:24 am

I saw the Gen 2 ZPIs and it got the monkey getting restless. It also has me rationalizing too. "Hmmm, the AE74 was a base Abu with ZPI toy add-ons? What's the diff? Right?"
I don't know... Did you see the tear down and service pictures from The Tackle Trap?
This is the way.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:34 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:54 am
Johnny A wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:24 am

I don't know... Did you see the tear down and service pictures from The Tackle Trap?
I shouldn't have used the term "Gen 2". It is a new model. Yes, I did see the TTT tear down. It's just gotten to the point of just buying old reels and refurbing them, buying the upper end models that continue to be made in Japan or buying the new stuff wherever it's made.
It's being stuck between thought of as an elitist to quality products, at a reasonable price, where things are manufactured with pride or just accepting mediocrity.