Simms Transom vs Simms Challenger

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Simms Transom vs Simms Challenger

Post by freelancer27 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:19 pm

Hi guys,

I am in the market for a rain suit that I will be wearing most of the time in Californian winters (rainy and relatively cold) for bankfishing but also for kayak fishing.

Looking at the Simms Transom and Simms Challenger suits.

I am wondering which one is the better deal (they are almost the same price right now). The Challenger which seams to have already good 'warmth' with decent water protection or the Transom which has superior water protection but does not have insulation which I would need to add through clothing under the suit.

I am reading some reviews on the Challenger that say that the suit is not super water resistent.

Would love to get some feedback from the community if possible.

Thanks all!

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Simms Transom vs Simms Challenger

Post by Real Pudd legend » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:18 am

I have the challenger and it’s great for warmth but true it’s not super water resistant. It will be good for the 2 heavy downpours over a few days and after that it’s not the same. I would invest in the pro series or 100mph

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Simms Transom vs Simms Challenger

Post by freelancer27 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:56 pm

Real Pudd legend wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:18 am
I have the challenger and it’s great for warmth but true it’s not super water resistant. It will be good for the 2 heavy downpours over a few days and after that it’s not the same. I would invest in the pro series or 100mph
THanks! Decided to go with the Transom! Better water protection. I can use it warmer days and if need I can add enough layers under it!